Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorial Day - 2006
lz6 Wrote:[usa]

http://compuball.com/av/mansionsofthelord.htm

[usa]

If there's an American anywhere that doesn't listen to that on a weekend like this and both shed a tear and feel an indescribable pride then I question if they are an American.

We owe an incredible gratitude to those that have served and continue to serve this great country and we must and will never forget the men and women of our Armed Forces.

Thank you all and God Bless America.

[usa]

http://www.geocities.com/god_bless_america_lyrics/katesmith1.wav

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
I am not know for my writing skills......

After what everyone has said, all I can say is....

To all that have served and are serving and will serve, we all owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude.

THANK YOU!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
LZ, u r such a class act.

& Thank you for this post.

I usually fly no less than 3 flags around my house. However, the one in my yard fell victim to a particularly violent thunderstorm 2 months ago and the flagpole mount shattered.

The front flag ripped so I took it down, and 2 smaller flags I had on my property got soiled so they too came down. I woke up this morning and realized that it was memorial day and I had no flag! Shortly afterwards a 6 foot flag was proudly waving adjacent my front door.

My dad was a vet, he was a medic... his brothers saw terrible action. My uncle Paulie was the sole survivor from a tank squadron that got ambushed in Germany (he served under Patton). My dad made sure I would never forget. I never will.

God bless the men who fought and gave the ultimate sacrifice, and peace & strength to their survivors.