Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don Lino Africa Kifaro
BuffaloBill Wrote:Sure, Tonto, I'll post another review...

[user=23]BuffaloBill[/user] wrote:
Quote:I just tried my first of these tonight.  I picked up three Kifaros today and I decided to burn one tonight. 

Appearance is absolutely gorgeous  - beautiful sheen, dark and toothy.  [color="yellow"][color="orange"][color="yellow"]Burn left a lot to be desired as I had to touch it up all throughout the experience, but like I said, I just brought them home from the B&M today, so there may have been age or humidity issues.[/color] [/color] [/color]First couple of pulls were very smooth and flavorful.  Then the strength kicked in and boy did it ever! (Did you really say mild???) About a third of the way into it, it mellowed out considerably and then picked up again for the last third.  Ash was a dark, peppery looking thing that didn't seem to want to drop on its own.  I found it to be full of flavor, fairly complex and an all-around great tasting smoke. [color="orange"] [/color][color="yellow"]If the burn was better I'd have been completely thrilled.[/color]

[color="aqua"][color="yellow"] I'll let the other two rest a while and see if that improves the burn.[/color]
[/color]
Me likey. Cool
There doesn't appear to be a "stikethrough" font option, so I yellowed out the parts I'd like to retract from my previous review.   The last line read that if the burn was better I'd have been completely thrilled. Scratch that and replace it with, "I was completely thrilled and will definitely buy more.  Many more."  Big Grin
LOL@BB!Big Grin
glad this worked out for you sir.
I have to admit that lately I am agreeing with Bartok on these.  Maybe just a sick period for the ones I have but they are lacking the flavor the one's I've had in the past are.  Grabbed one yesterday again after doing yard work and just relaxing by the fire pit.  Tasted mainly ash and smoke with not much else.  The rest will be...resting for a while.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
This cigar makes me salivate, literally.  It also makes my taste buds tingle.  I'm a big fan!

duke
[user=97]Route 66[/user] wrote:
Quote:Let me add my recommendation of the Africa line. I had a Tembo from the SC.2 box pass and it was excedptional. I found it very similar to an Opus X.

That big ol' Tembo is one heckuva cigar, alright. The ones I've had just about finished me before I finished them!

My real favorite in the line---speaking of Opus X-like smoking experiences---is their lancero size, the Punda Milia. Not really like an Opus in terms of flavor profile per se, but definitely the same kind of idea: bold, spicy, ultraflavorful. Absolutely love 'em.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=97]Route 66[/user] wrote:
Quote:Let me add my recommendation of the Africa line. I had a Tembo from the SC.2 box pass and it was excedptional. I found it very similar to an Opus X.

That big ol' Tembo is one heckuva cigar, alright. The ones I've had just about finished me before I finished them!

My real favorite in the line---speaking of Opus X-like smoking experiences---is their lancero size, the Punda Milia. Not really like an Opus in terms of flavor profile per se, but definitely the same kind of idea: bold, spicy, ultraflavorful. Absolutely love 'em.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
Gotta agree with you here. Just tried one of these this weekend. It was great!
I have noticed that the last couple of these that I have smoked have been lacking in flavor......I guess that I am not the only one.
i have had other cigars do that. Most notibly the CAO criolo... It seems to dud out when partially aged, tastes good when fresh and GREAT when fully aged about a year or so... My box is around 8 months old now. I'll give one a proper test around Easter.
That's a good observation, Skip.  I've noticed that in the Criollo's, too.  I was surprised that a cigar as good looking and smelling as the Don Lino fell so flat.  I was never impressed with fresh Anejo's either, but the one I had a week or two ago with about a year on it was great.  I'll pick up a couple of the Don Linos again and see what they taste like in `08.