Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Storage
Bluesman455 Wrote:LOL!!!! the O'l cello on, cello of discussion.[lol][lol]
[lol]The great debate.

Me I keep them on, protects them.  If I am to dry box a few sticks that I will be smoking I take it off.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
What ever floats your boat is the best answer.  [rob]
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:As Skipper would say....."The manufacturers put it on them for a reason"....

he would also remind us that the manufactures go to great cost to put them on there. i see only advantages to leaving them on there.
i truly believe it boils down to personal preference and motivation for storing. for example, if i have one humidor that i use strictly (or mostly) for aging, i would remove the cellophane.....if i am storing my smoke stock, i keep the cello on due to my rummaging around in there on a regular basis....it keeps them quite protected from damage while being moved around. the cello is permeable so they get the humidity they need whether wrapped or not. just my opinion.

regarding that aging/naked storage - it's just more pleasing to my senses -  i like the way they look and smell.....i don't think it makes any difference with regard to appropriate humidification, etc.
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
i just realized i basically repeated dan's response - i should read these threads in full before posting [doh]  Anyway - great minds, baby....great minds....you know what they say
crowb8 Wrote:There are a bunch of good arguments on both sides of this issue. Personally, if I'm storing cigars for a time period, I take the cello off. If I'm going to smoke them inside 6 months, I leave it on. For me, it protects the wrapper during handling and transportation.

Dan [pirate2]
i never heard a single good reason for taking it off unless you were lighting it.
[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote
Quote:
Quote:
i never heard a single good reason for taking it off unless you were lighting it.
hahaha...Skipper is DEFINITELY in the house! [bravo2]
Thanks for the help everyone, I will leave it on.
I think I have an answer that will satisfy BOTH ends of the opinion...

While at my local B&M this morning - Finck's in San Antonio (great place if you're in the area) one of the guys said he leaves it in the cello, but clips the majority of it off at both ends, thus it still has it on, but also is open at both ends to the humidity
[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote: 
Quote:i never heard a single good reason for taking it off unless you were lighting it.
+1

In my opinion, The cello is there for 2 good reasons...
1) It protects the cigar when handling.

2) In theory it should be able to maintain the cigars humidity inside the cello. Thus the cigar is able to maintain a more consistent humidity inside the cigar reducing the chances of it drying out if something catastrophic happens inside your humidor.