Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name my puppy Contest
OK guys & lady, we have narrowed it down to 5, just trying them out to see what fits. The names under consideration ( in no particular order) are:

Zeus

Gizmo

Monte

Bonzer

Blue

Cat,Stain, and Stay are in the running, but distant.

Hope to have a final decision by Wednesday the 6-19. Thank you to everyone for participating.

Bob
Well folks we have some trouble with the puppy. After we decided on Monte for the name I noticed the little guy acting kinda strange. I had a friend of mine come over to check him out ( she's a vet) and she has determined that the dog is a white, or soon will be.

That may not mean much to you if your looking for a pet, but for a competition dog it's a death sentence. I will have to return the dog to the breeder & wait for the next litter or get my money back & try another breeder.

What a bitch! This pup seemed to be full of energy & cantankerous as hell, but within 24 hours of watching him move around it was obvious that there was something wrong. Normally this developes in Aussies between 1 - 3 years old, after you really get attached, but this is already starting and he is only 10 weeks. The breeder has assured me that she will find a suitable home or keep him herself.

It looks like Digital Anvil has won, if you will pm me your address, I will get the sticks on there way.

discdog Wrote:Well folks we have some trouble with the puppy. After we decided on Monte for the name I noticed the little guy acting kinda strange. I had a friend of mine come over to check him out ( she's a vet) and she has determined that the dog is a white, or soon will be.

That may not mean much to you if your looking for a pet, but for a competition dog it's a death sentence. I will have to return the dog to the breeder & wait for the next litter or get my money back & try another breeder.

What a bitch! This pup seemed to be full of energy & cantankerous as hell, but within 24 hours of watching him move around it was obvious that there was something wrong. Normally this developes in Aussies between 1 - 3 years old, after you really get attached, but this is already starting and he is only 10 weeks. The breeder has assured me that she will find a suitable home or keep him herself.

It looks like Digital Anvil has won, if you will pm me your address, I will get the sticks on there way.
DD, sorry to hear about the trouble with the puppy. I don't know too much about the sport or the "white" problem. Could you explain what it means?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Discdog, thats a bummer brother. Well it just wasn't meant to be, I know thats probably little consolation to someone thats invested as much time as you did looking for a new dog. However, now there's room for a even better dog. Chin up brother.
Sorry I guess I should have explained "White" a little. When you breed certain dogs for color,agility, or several other specific genetic traits you sometimes get a dog that will eventually go deaf or blind or both. This pup was bred for endurance and that does not generally cause this to happen, but in this little guys case it did. He will probably be completely deaf/blind before he hits 6 months old.

Since I train with both sight and sound, and the fact that he will have to track the frisbee or herd sheep, it's out of the question for me. He would make a good pet for someone as long as he is place while he can still see. They are so intlligent that with only minimal time he will memorize his surroundings & be able to function like a normal dog as long as he does't leave his area.

So I guess the hunt is back on, one of the ladies I compete against is going to have a litter after the season is over so I may just wait until then to get one of hers.
Really sorry to hear that DD.  I sure hope you find what you are looking for.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
A real shame about the puppy ,DD.  But you will be able to go through the excitement of finding that right dog all over again.  There is a reason for every thing and it will work out for the best. Happy puppy pursuing.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.