Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utility Bills
I'm in the Cali central valley. Got my Pacific Gas & Electric bill today, 30 days ending 7/12/06 = $516.27  Confusedhock:!  highest ever in 14 years in this house.  City bill for trash pickup and flat rate water and sewage runs $66 a month.

How do you folks have it? 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
I hear horror stories every month here in GA about electric bills being between $500.00 and $1000.00. My brother showed me his bill for last month - $723.00, I told him mine was less than $200.00 & he wouldn't believe me until I showed him. I keep my home at 70 year round, but when we built, I went overboard on insulation & correctly sized my HVAC system to the house. Most people just get what the contractor gives them and they pay for it for years to come.

I don't have any gas appliances, so no gas bill in the summer, water however will get into the 100's if we water outside.

I would say overall, I'm pretty lucky with utilities. But most here don't feel that way.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! in the summer with my central A/C going every day electric is around $140 a month and gas around $40 a month, water and sewer is $30 every quarter.Cool
You got me beat Uncle Bob, I got mine yesterday and we are only at $324.00:X
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I must be lucky I payed 119$ for gas and electric last month and our house is a pretty decent size. I pay around 60$ a month for water and sewer which kind of sucks.
My electric bill was $260 last month, first time its ever broken 200. All these 100+ degree days arent helping since we like to keep the house at 72. That includes water though, because its from the well, so all we pay is electric to run the pump. Other than that we have private trash collection which runs $17 a month.
Last month electric was $55, and this month is $64.  It was higher last year, but I took Mark's tip and when I leave it's set at 75.  When I get home it goes to 69.  I used to turn it off when I left the house.  Gas is about $15-30 threw summer.  Water is $12 a month.
My elect bill this month will run around $400... but my gass bill will be closer to $700 during cold months.

but.. alas... I was reassessed. My taxes are now $25,000 per year. Yeah, I have to buy the local govenrment a car every year... I am seriously thinking of moving.
Skipper Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:. You're thinking about moving? My stuff would have been packed when you said what you pay for natural gas, but the taxes? Holy $hit!

I was accessed last year, went from $1,282.00 to 1,390.00 & I was pissed.
Dang . . . I feel lucky now.

Apartment, electric only, about $130-150 a month. Dips under $100 sometimes during the heating season (it doesn't take much to heat a place during a South Texas winter).

Utility company cuts their rates for a couple months of the summer, July and August I think. That's when A/C usage peaks . . . highest bill I ever got before they started doing that was for August; about $200 or so.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1