Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd like to make a motion
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Bungalowbill Wrote:as long as reviews are laced with bad jokes, mystical allusions, and the occasional profane hiccup, i'm there.

Definitely!  But with all the name changes & such, I think I need a new scorecard to tell who's who & what's what!

.... --- .-- /  .- -... --- ..- - /  .-..-. -.-. ..- -... .- -. .-..-. /  ..-. --- .-. /  .. ... --- -- Wink

Big Grin

I have an idea...

why doesn't everyone use what terms they are comfortable with?

Just as long as they are not derogatory to any one or group.
Maduro_Scotty Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:DR is actually a code for Dominican Republic
And lets not forget the code words for certain brands.   LGC, LVH, JyDN,RyJ,etc.Tongue
Hey, Im not against abbreviations and acronyms, but there are blatently obvious in what they mean
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Personally I never used ISOM, but, what could possibly be derogatory about that term. It was created as a code because people in the US felt somehow threatened by saying "I just bought a box of Cubans". It has no reflection on the island or the people.

Anyway... I'm going to use nautical terms if the mood strikes me. So in the future look for terms such as:

"a real keeper" - obvious meaning this on is in the cooler

"A squall" meaning a nightmarish place to be and to avoid at all costs

you get the idea...
Arrr, nautical terms be fine, the Kraken can even be summond if the cigar in question should be sent to Davie Jones Locker.

Arr, arr.

Shiver me timbers ............ made me shudder, so summon the Kraken

Splice the mainsail ............. was hard work, but worth it.

Seven sea's ........... I would swim them for a box of these.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [pirate]

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
or.... how about something else for reference we can all relate to...

She's a 10.

A butter face

I wouldn't kick her out of bed

Not for $$$

Wink

(sorry if I derailed this thread... I didn't take it seriously from the beginning... I kinda like everyone using their own preferences... If someone wants to say "this cigar was a 10 on the yummalicious meter" then I say, by golly, go for it!)