Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to the $6 cigar
That's a beautiful score! 

I know too many guys that are in your position.  Unless you already have a $5-$8 favorite, it seems like most guys are in favor of a $70-$80 box of quality less expensive cigars or $10+ a stick.  Just trends I guess.

My own collection follows this trend pretty closely.

I'm a $5-8 shopper, myself. As noted . . . there's just SO many damn fine stogies in this price range. I like a lot of variety and mostly buy singles locally or fivers online, and this price range works for me as a daily smoke. I'm no cigar snob, but really, I haven't found too many cigars under $5 that I like enough to smoke regularly (except for my beloved X3's off C-Bid, but they've got an $8 msrp---that I've NEVER seen 'em sell for!)

I have a "premium corner" in my humi with RP Olde Worlds, PAM/N 64's, Camacho Liberties, Habanos and Opus when I can score 'em, and really, I don't save 'em or hoard 'em much . . . just don't have the patience or self-control to be a collector I guess.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
discdog Wrote:The B&M's call the $6.00-& $10.00 range the "dead zone", for some reason cigars if this price range don't move well. I think there are so many choices in that range that they don't see a brand or specific cigar in a line flying off the shelves so they say it does't move. Since I started hanging out there so much, I notice a lot of guys picking up one or two, but no one ever seems to pick the same ones. Out of 975 facings, over 500 are in this price range and then about 250 under and the rest over the $10.00 mark.
Very very interesting Bob.  Thanks!
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
discdog Wrote:The B&M's call the $6.00-& $10.00 range the "dead zone", for some reason cigars if this price range don't move well. I think there are so many choices in that range that they don't see a brand or specific cigar in a line flying off the shelves so they say it does't move. Since I started hanging out there so much, I notice a lot of guys picking up one or two, but no one ever seems to pick the same ones. Out of 975 facings, over 500 are in this price range and then about 250 under and the rest over the $10.00 mark.
Very very interesting Bob.  Thanks!

I guess this seems to be the case with a lot of people. 

I thought some more about this and the last couple of times I considered a box of something in the $6-$8 range I think "Heck I'll just order a box of cubans" There are enough $200 boxes out there.

It's kinda funny, when I first started I wouldn't buy a stick that was over $2.00, now I rarely look at anything under $12.00.
when you know facts like this, it is a good indication that you should probably clock in when you go to your local B&M. Big Grin
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:

It's kinda funny, when I first started I wouldn't buy a stick that was over $2.00, now I rarely look at anything under $12.00.
when you know facts like this, it is a good indication that you should probably clock in when you go to your local B&M. Big Grin
LC have you been talking to my wife? Big Grin