Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Baseball...
So I got the opportunity to go to a St. Paul Saints game tonight.  They're a minor league team that's partially owned by Bill Murray and they have a live pig that runs the bases (I love minor league ballWink).  We actually took 100 people from our company to the game.  Tickets were $10 a piece and that included a dog, a soda and a Darryl Strawberry bobblehead (don't ask... I don't get it either but there's no powder on his nose so that's good).  We sat outside on a beautiful MN summer night and watched a bunch of nobodies play the game for the love of it and not for money.  I really didn't get to see too much of the game cause I was talking to employees and their families or watching the kids play in the FREE play area with a jungle gym and swings and crap to climb on and slides so their parents coould enjoy the game.  As the sun went down and the lights came on I realized just how nice it was to sit outside and watch a baseball game.  Suddenly I understood why gramps loved to watch this damned game so much. 

Now I won't go so far as to say I actually like baseball now, but I sure do get the appeal of outdoor baseball and I'll gladly attend any outdoor game!  To all those of you who have the pleasure of having outdoor parks, you're lucky!  Only a few more years and the soul-sucking dome will no longer kill the true spirit of baseball.  Now if only we can get the vikes back outdoors.....
Mac, when Darryl began one of his comeback attempts he started with the Saints.  They're famous for picking up a lot of retread / notreads.  Kind of like the Ducks and the Bears out here.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:Mac, when Darryl began one of his comeback attempts he started with the Saints.  They're famous for picking up a lot of retread / notreads.  Kind of like the Ducks and the Bears out here.
I knew he played for the team but it just seemed so weird to be handing out bobbleheads of the guy now[wtf]I mean he hasn't played in how many years???  At any rate, I've decided all you guys who get to go watch the bigs outdoors on a regular basis suck and I want to bee you on a clear beautiful night! LOL 
Sounds great Mac, Yeah I love going to the minor league games.  With all the BS taken away the games are great.  Don't get me wrong I love going to the Giants games the stadium is freaking awesome and the crowds are great but you pay a fortune just to see the game of over paid players.  Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Minor League games are great.  In addition to our big 2 teams, we also have the single A affiliates of both teams in the city as well.  Since the parks hold only around 7k or so, there is never a bad seat in the place.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]