Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBQ Salmon
I will be BBQing the Salmon we got on thur.  I am only doing half since we have about 8-9 pounds of meat.  I'll let you know how it goes. Tongue
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Sounds great, love salmon right off the bbq........Tongue
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Are you using barbeque sauce on it? I've been trying to find a good way to prepare it since its very healhy, but recent attempt at a lemon pepper marinade was way too lemony resulting in my dogs getting a very nice dinner and me eating a turkey sandwich.
DA have you ever tried the salmon at Longhorn's? If you like that one, let me know & I'll try to dig it up. You just have to remember that with all of the alcohol in it, you can't let it marinate longer than a couple of hours or it will start cooking itself.
DigitalAnvil Wrote:Are you using barbeque sauce on it? I've been trying to find a good way to prepare it since its very healhy, but recent attempt at a lemon pepper marinade was way too lemony resulting in my dogs getting a very nice dinner and me eating a turkey sandwich.
I used a butter/garlic/Italian Seasoning mix and spread it on the meat before I put it on the BBQ
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Quote:DA have you ever tried the salmon at Longhorn's? If you like that one, let me know & I'll try to dig it up. You just have to remember that with all of the alcohol in it, you can't let it marinate longer than a couple of hours or it will start cooking itself.

Never tried it, but if you know the recipe I wouldnt mind giving it a shot.

Quote:I used a butter/garlic/Italian Seasoning mix and spread it on the meat before I put it on the BBQ

That sounds pretty tasty, I will have to give it a try.

I think I will pick up one of those frozen multipacks and try some different ways to see which ones I like the best.
I will be smoking the other half of the salmon this weekend.  About 2 hrs per pound
Yum...I am not a big salmon fan but smoked is great and grilled salmon steaks are good.
I grill them with just a wipe of olive oil and then totally crust with a coars dry rub of seasoning.It depends what I have and the flavor I am in the mood for but I always use black and green peppercorns and I like cajun flavorings too.
Marinate in lime or white wine for 25-40minutes beforehand.........have to be careful or acidic marinades will cook the fish.
bbQ ? that chit needs to go in the smoker with apple wood.Cool