Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partagas Serie D No 3 06' EL
Again I have to thank LZ for this wonderful cigar.

The original PSD3 was released in 01' as an EL, for the 06' EL's Habanos SA decided to re-release this cigar.

Upon first imperssion it does not look like your typical Habanos EL or many Habanos cigars for that matter.  It has a very "rustic" looking wrapper, similar to a Dip No 2, with a few light veins.  The color was a deep brown with a slight reddish hue, very close to all of the other Partagas EL's that I have seen, PSD1, PSD2, & the PSD3.

The pre-light draw had enough resistance without being too tight and a slight earthy flavor.  Upon lighting this very cool looking cigar the first thing I noticed was that yummy Partagas flavor along with that earthy flavor that was there during the pre-light draw.

The smoke from this Habanos masterpiece was intoxicating.  Not only were the flavors spectacular, but as soon as I would set it down in the ashtray the smoke would hit my nose and I would have to pick it back up and continue puffing away.

The ash was the only disappointment in my PSD3 experience.  It was a great dark salt and pepper colored ash, typical with Habanos cigars, but the longest ash that it held was about a 1/2 inch.  Most of which ended up in my lap multiple times because I figured I could get more out of it.

By the end the Partagas flavor had almost dropped out, although still slightly there and the earthy flavors had taken over.

Conclusion, Habanos SA has done it again.  They have managed to produce another wonderful cigar that was very enjoyable and kept me wanting another.  I would recommend picking a box up, especially for the price that they are being sold at, which is a steal.  I know I will be.

Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Great review,thank you.
I am definately salvitateing over your review.

Mark,have you had the series P #2 yet?
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Great review,thank you.
I am definately salvitateing over your review.

Mark,have you had the series P #2 yet?
Yes I have, they are very good, IMHO.  I have 1 box of 10 left and thats it.  Maybe it's time to order another box. Cool
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Glad you liked it Mark, these will be even better with 3 or 4 years on them, imo. 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Nice review Mark!  Always good to hear about a Limited Edition.
Mmmmmm, sounds yummy! Tongue

Yes, I said "yummy." Big Grin
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Nice review - I still have a 1/2 box of the 2001's . (Skipper , remember the GCS Oyster Bar ??)  I have not had one in over 2 years. I thinks it time to break one out.  Man if I could only age wine as long as I do my cigars (excluding ports) I'd have it made . And yes Mike I still have a lot of our splits left.

Very nice review Mark... I felt the same way about the 2006 as you did, but I recall the 2001 ELs being even better fairly new than the current batch.

Roger, you are a lucky bastard for still having half a box left of the 2001... I couldn't resist the ones I had bought and smoked them all long ago.  I couldn't even recall half the boxes we split.  all of them have been smoked, and enjoyed, on my end.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I love the PSD4, short, and I REALLY like the PSP2 but I still haven't pulled the trigger on these. I've seen on a couple of sites where they mention the flavor profile as vegital. I hate that taste. If I can just get reassured that I won't get that then I'd be all over them
[user=19]Mark[/user] wrote:
Quote:Again I have to thank LZ for this wonderful cigar.

The original PSD3 was released in 01' as an EL, for the 06' EL's Habanos SA decided to re-release this cigar.

Upon first imperssion it does not look like your typical Habanos EL or many Habanos cigars for that matter.  It has a very "rustic" looking wrapper, similar to a Dip No 2, with a few light veins.  The color was a deep brown with a slight reddish hue, very close to all of the other Partagas EL's that I have seen, PSD1, PSD2, & the PSD3.

The pre-light draw had enough resistance without being too tight and a slight earthy flavor.  Upon lighting this very cool looking cigar the first thing I noticed was that yummy Partagas flavor along with that earthy flavor that was there during the pre-light draw.

The smoke from this Habanos masterpiece was intoxicating.  Not only were the flavors spectacular, but as soon as I would set it down in the ashtray the smoke would hit my nose and I would have to pick it back up and continue puffing away.

The ash was the only disappointment in my PSD3 experience.  It was a great dark salt and pepper colored ash, typical with Habanos cigars, but the longest ash that it held was about a 1/2 inch.  Most of which ended up in my lap multiple times because I figured I could get more out of it.

By the end the Partagas flavor had almost dropped out, although still slightly there and the earthy flavors had taken over.

Conclusion, Habanos SA has done it again.  They have managed to produce another wonderful cigar that was very enjoyable and kept me wanting another.  I would recommend picking a box up, especially for the price that they are being sold at, which is a steal.  I know I will be.

Just smoked one of these and, yeah, pretty much what Mark said! The ash on this isnt just brittle, its remarkably hard. It wasnt soft at all, and made a cracking noise when i scraped it off using the edge of the ashtray to encourage it to fall. I would recommend these in a big way!