Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Recommendations
DigitalAnvil Wrote:If you liked The Edge, JL, definitely keep an eye out for Edge Seconds at Corona Cigar (they're out of stock at the moment). They came recommended to me when I asked the guys here about getting my first box, and I really enjoy them. You certainly can't go wrong at 2 dollars a stick, either.

Yeah, good call. Smile I have a box from them too!

Rob had told me about them I think. Or maybe it as someone else? :?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I just smoked an Avo Maduro and drank a glass of Johnny Walker Green (I wanted to get Laphroaig 10 but they ran out). I must say the Avo Maduro is my favorite cigar so far. It was so nice, it was my first maduro. Wow, what great taste it had! It was 10 bucks at the local shop, is that how much it usually is?

I feel so good right now. What a great stogie that was and good scotch. It's blended scotch and I kinda wanted single malt, but it was a good mix-match for me.

Wow I just can't get over the taste that cigar had. By the middle/end of the cigar I had to pull hard and the stogie went out. Why is that? Other than that, I didn't want to put down the cigar! [angel]
If you are looking into maduros you should try the CAO Brazilia, Padron 2000, Torano Signature.  These are some of my favorite maduros.  A lot cheaper than AVo's also.
Keep buying and smoking singles (samplers). You'll quickly figure out what you like and don't like (if you find one you don't care for...give it a second try)

anything by oliva is a good bet. relatively cheap, and really good quality. my two cents.Smile
I am very partial to Fuente products so I would say start off with an 858 Natural/Maduro and then work your way up into the Hemingway line.......you just can't go wrong Smile
Bungalowbill Wrote:anything by oliva is a good bet. relatively cheap, and really good quality. my two cents.Smile
Yep, blows anythign by a certain "family" out of the water, no comparision. Best NC's on the market.
Beerlord Wrote:
Bungalowbill Wrote:anything by oliva is a good bet. relatively cheap, and really good quality. my two cents.Smile
Yep, blows anythign by a certain "family" out of the water, no comparision. Best NC's on the market.

-.-- . .- .... --..-- /  - .... --- ... . /  .- .-. . /  --. --- --- -.. .-.-.- /  -.-- --- ..- /  ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. /  --. --- /  ..-. --- .-. /  ... --- -- . /  .-.. --. /  .- .-.. ... --- 

Big Grin
JL Wrote:Romeo y Julieta - When I tried this, it seemed a little harsh to me but this was one of the first cigars I had.
I'm not a big fan of the NC RyJ line as a whole.  However, the Reserve Real 1875's are very good cigars.  Floral, sweet, creamy, with a slight nuttiness.  A very good cigar, and an excellent value at around $5/single.  One of my favorite mild cigars.