Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone actually belive this?
there are so many wonderfully varied and legitimate reasons to hate someone. why would any intelligent person depend on something so elementary and lame as race?

Smile
Bungalowbill Wrote:there are so many wonderfully varied and legitimate reasons to hate someone. why would any intelligent person depend on something so elementary and lame as race?

Smile
Democrats have turned to the racist label in order to avoid actual substantive debate on any issue.
And another thing, who were the racists when the Clarence Thomas hearings took place in 1991?  Yep, you guessed it, every nay vote was from a democrat, while I believe 11 democrats did cross the aisle.  Where was that damn peanut farmer then? 
Does Carter believe this? 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"Do we forget last year when he made the "Black Boy" statement? Do you think it's the first time Jimmy Carter , this deep,deep southern good ol boy farmer ever used those words? [lol] Just because he happened to be a president doesn't mean he can't be the poster boy for recovering racist.  I know many old-timers right now you can have a conversation with that use the word nigger to describe anyone not white and it rolls off his or her tongue with ease. No facial expression or change in voice and no anger.  It's just a word to them and that's the way it was because they are in the south and OLD.  The ones that tried to be politically correct, they pronounced it nig-ra.  I still laugh because they think they changed something in history.  I don't consider myself old @ 56 but I still remember horse drawn wagons in the streets of Memphis.  In that same time when I was only 5 years old I can remember  to this day being in my dads little 1200SF grocery store. Elders, I mean 70 to 90 yo elders would come in and come over to me, pat me on the head and great me with a hello and a how you durrin today missa Terry like I was somebody. That's just the way it was to them too.  Times changed for some and some it didn't. Jimmy is a didn't. 

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

MK 199 Wrote:It seems like the people pointing fingers acussing others of being "racisits", are the ones that are still "seeing" color and having that play a factor in opinons.

I don't know if that makes sense but I get it in my mind Tongue

It not only makes sense, but it is very profound and true!

5 skipper gold stars for sure!
tafdom Wrote:Does Carter believe this? 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"Do we forget last year when he made the "Black Boy" statement? Do you think it's the first time Jimmy Carter , this deep,deep southern good ol boy farmer ever used those words? [lol] Just because he happened to be a president doesn't mean he can't be the poster boy for recovering racist.  I know many old-timers right now you can have a conversation with that use the word nigger to describe anyone not white and it rolls off his or her tongue with ease. No facial expression or change in voice and no anger.  It's just a word to them and that's the way it was because they are in the south and OLD.  The ones that tried to be politically correct, they pronounced it nig-ra.  I still laugh because they think they changed something in history.  I don't consider myself old @ 56 but I still remember horse drawn wagons in the streets of Memphis.  In that same time when I was only 5 years old I can remember  to this day being in my dads little 1200SF grocery store. Elders, I mean 70 to 90 yo elders would come in and come over to me, pat me on the head and great me with a hello and a how you durrin today missa Terry like I was somebody. That's just the way it was to them too.  Times changed for some and some it didn't. Jimmy is a didn't. 

[thumbsup] I remember, Terry. I grew up in the Virginia hills in the '50s & 60s. My family too had a small general store where I hung out. I didn't realize it at the time, but I learned a lot about people and life in general being a short person near the cash register in those days.

[pirate2] 

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
MK 199 Wrote:It seems like the people pointing fingers acussing others of being "racisits", are the ones that are still "seeing" color and having that play a factor in opinons.

I don't know if that makes sense but I get it in my mind Tongue

It not only makes sense, but it is very profound and true!

5 skipper gold stars for sure!
[winner]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles