Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Cobre
Yes, I know there have been reviews on this cigar already but here is my .02

I had the Torpedo I just recently bought a couple of weeks ago.  Pulled this beauty out of the cello and man what a great aroma to it.  The construction was flawless, I mean it was just so perfect I can't get over how good it was.  Pre-light draw was a little spicy, light easy and the draw was perfect.  The first 1/3 had lots of Cinnamon and spice to it, I really enjoyed it, second 1/3 still had tons of Cinnamon and some nutty/cream notes to it and the final 1/3 went back to a Cinnamon/spicy/creamy flavor.  I really enjoyed this cigar from beginning to end.  The wrapper, draw, construction and burn where flawless.  The ash was so strong it hung on for about 2-2-1/2" and than if fell only to hang on again for another 1-1/2" and the ash was white with lots of smoke.  The color on this I would say was a medium brown color, not glossy but just enough oils on it.  Now I was fortunate enough to be able to test this cigar over a year ago before they came out thanks to BULZ, now that one was a dark brown and very oily wrapper, very strong and loaded with flavor.  I wish I still had my original review of that.  I still have one that BULZ sent last year and man is that thing oily Tongue, I am thinking now I need to pull it out and smoke it.  As for the new boxes I have I am curious how they will age.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Nice review Paul.  After seeing those boxes in the P0RN section I was forced to visit CI's store for the Robustos.

Where did you find these on the body scale?  I was surprised at how mellow the cigar came off but how much of a buzzzzzz I got from the Torp.  Great Cigar!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Headley Wrote:Nice review Paul.  After seeing those boxes in the P0RN section I was forced to visit CI's store for the Robustos.

Where did you find these on the body scale?  I was surprised at how mellow the cigar came off but how much of a buzzzzzz I got from the Torp.  Great Cigar!
I would say mild to medium, not much of a buzz but kind of a high, hard to explain. 
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
They age great! This is the only cigar that has developed plume in my entire stash.
Thanks Skipper that's what I wanted to hear.  I bought two boxes to age and one box I did a split with Rubie to smoke WinkTongue
I love these cigars in all the sizes but the torp is the best of the bunch. [cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
A VERY firm favourite of mine.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
PO Wrote:
Headley Wrote:Nice review Paul.  After seeing those boxes in the P0RN section I was forced to visit CI's store for the Robustos.

I would say mild to medium, not much of a buzz but kind of a high, hard to explain. 
right there with you paul.  not a sledgehammer or a knee jellifier but very satisfying.
sounds like a beauty for a late afternoon toke. excellent review, po-dog.
I ordered a box after reading this review and have been really happy.
These are great cigars. Cigar buddy of mine said it was the best he's had.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!