Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RYJ Short Churchill
Tonight I went with the RYJ churchill.  This is the first time I've had this cigar.  I had a gin and tonic to go along with it.

It's a beautiful cigar.  Two different bands, squared off head. The pull was magnificent.  Not too tight, not too loose.  The first half of the cigar was wonderful.  Thick cloud of smoke, tremendous flavor; a fairly creamy medium bodied smoke.  I just couldn't get enough of it.  However, about halfway through the flavor profile changed.  It was a dramatic dropoff.  I'm not really sure what happened.

For those 1st 2 inches, it was one heck of a smoke and it made me want more.  Luckily I have one more in the humidor.  I can't compare it to the regular RJY Churchill because I've only had one, and it was a long time ago.  I'll give the other one some more time in the humi and then I'll compare the two.  Hopefully the next one maintains that great flavor throughout.
I have really been enjoying these as young as they are. I am betting they will age beautifully!    [cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Got a box arriving this this week.  I can't wait to light those babies up.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:Got a box arriving this this week.  I can't wait to light those babies up.
well, la ti da...Tongue
got 2 sitting, was told by the giver then need a lot of age.
Mark Wrote:Got a box arriving this this week.  I can't wait to light those babies up.

Mine arrived just in time for me to take a sample or 2 away with me for this tour.

I think I'll torch one at the weekend.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I was given one, and burned it.  It was so good, I bought a box.  THEY are resting Smile
it's getting tought to sit onthe 2 i have.
I have smoked 2 of these now and have to admit that I'm glad they are on the market, they are great value and I reckon they will be even better with some age on them.

I'm not overly great at the whole taste and smell into words reviews that a lot of the guys here can do, but would put the RyJ in a mixed bag between the Cohiba and a HdM Epi #2, lots of flavour, plenty of smoke and an easy draw. The construction is beautiful and the tube that each are stored in is a touch nicer than usual for Cuban cigars.

Over all I would say that the name of "Short Churchill" is well given as I found myself wishing it was a little longer as I nubbed both of them ..... Churchill size would make them perfect.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster Wrote:Over all I would say that the name of "Short Churchill" is well given as I found myself wishing it was a little longer as I nubbed both of them ..... Churchill size would make them perfect.

Agreed -- I saw these in Spain and said to myself, "hmmm, basically a robusto."

Bought a three-pack from my new favorite tobacconist and gave them a whirl -- absolutely wonderful but too short. Needed to be about three inches longer.