Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great white hunter, back from jungle
[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote:
Quote:WAAHOOOO!

Great fish. Damn big wahoo there. Do you know why they are called Wahoo? How they got their name?

Cause of their energetic fight, the anglers of old said they used to shout WAHOO when they got one.

By the way, I hope you ate it, that is one of the best tasting fish in the sea!

& welcome back!!!

that night on the boat, i'm pretty sure we ate close to 3/4 of a pound of wahoo sushi and ceviche apiece. having fish that's that fresh makes you realize how ancient the stuff in stores is. i think i built up my omega-3 reserves to last me for the next ten years. great taste, clean, with a slightly steaky-shark texture.

and boy do them buggers make a killer first run. it hit on the crappiest reel and came within about 20 yards of spooling me. i'd say my superb angling skills saved the day (the hook was darn near straight at the end) but we all know who's really in charge when the fish get that big. Big Grin
[user=9]Beerlord[/user] wrote:
Quote:welcome back, nice looking carp you cought.

lol! you shoulda seen the goldfish we caught. Big Grin
here's what i smoked...

[Image: panamastogielineup.jpg]

here are two views, from the same chair on the back deck of our house. saying smoking a good stick in that spot never got old could be the understatement of the century.

[Image: rainbowtijeras.jpg]

[Image: tijerasview.jpg]

btw, out of all the cigars i smoked, cubano and non, the padrons held up the best under high and fluctuating humidity. for some reason they never got tight like the cubans would occasionally, even with humidity in the 75-85% range for good stretches. no sourness developed from the natural wrapper being too wet, and the feet barely flared. if you're heading to the tropics, you can't go wrong with paddies.

just another reason why i want to be buried in a box full of imperials.Big Grin
lets see... cigars, fishing, view... where did you go?
Nice trip BB and very nice catch there! 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote:
Quote:lets see... cigars, fishing, view... where did you go?

that's funny, i forgot to say i guess.

western panama, chiriqui province. the house is about 4800 ft. up in the cloud forest. the boat is at 0 ft.
Bungalowbill Wrote:......... the house is about 4800 ft. up in the cloud forest. the boat is at 0 ft.
Confusedhock:........0 ft.......[doh]......Big Grin.......
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles