Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My dad
Skip, that was very nice my friend and truly a great story. Thank you for sharing. Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Thanks Skip,You have given me help in dealing with losing my pop last year.Thank you Skip.
Yeah Skip I second that note. Holidays are hard for me as well. I lost my mom a year ago and 4 weeks after that my brother shot himself in the head. Holidays are tough but it seems as if the best way to have a good holiday is I am a giver to thoose who need it. My mom and I were not close but it took 1 year to put her picture in a frame in my office now. cheer up . I have always said cards in the deck are delt for reasons.
Skipper, I read that twice. Thank you for sharing that with us.
thanks, john, for the great history. sounds like things are working out and shaping up for you and your folks... never ever too late for that. your pop knew what he knew, and acted accordingly... not many higher compliments than that.

i'm going through a similar situation to what you just had to go through with your mom. she was right at the brink about two weeks ago, but wouldn't you know, she's hanging in there for another spell, which is sure nice.

i think i see some wonderful similarities between your mom and mine (force of nature, and all that). what you wrote at that time is helping me out now. thanks for having the stones to post this stuff. i suspect it'll help more people than you'd ever know.
Bungalowbill Wrote:thanks, john, for the great history. sounds like things are working out and shaping up for you and your folks... never ever too late for that. your pop knew what he knew, and acted accordingly... not many higher compliments than that.

i'm going through a similar situation to what you just had to go through with your mom. she was right at the brink about two weeks ago, but wouldn't you know, she's hanging in there for another spell, which is sure nice.

i think i see some wonderful similarities between your mom and mine (force of nature, and all that). what you wrote at that time is helping me out now. thanks for having the stones to post this stuff. i suspect it'll help more people than you'd ever know.

I wish you and her the very best. I'll ask my mom to look after her.

By the way, I dont know if I posted this before, but my moms mom died giving birth to my uncle, her brother.... My mom didn't know her mother. During her last days often I would sit beside my mothers bed and she would be speaking to her mom. Calling to her and chatting... I gave me much strength.
Merry Christmas John.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm sure your Dad would be extremely proud of how you live your life.  Not everyone can say that.

I'm proud to call you my friend.
A wonderful read.  I bet it does your Dad proud (looking down from heaven) to see his son loves him the way you do.

I second the toast to fathers. I am counting the days until I see mine again (Jan 3) for the first time in 1 1/2 years.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Bulz Wrote:Merry Christmas John.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm sure your Dad would be extremely proud of how you live your life.  Not everyone can say that.

I'm proud to call you my friend.

I could not have put that better myself.

A man after your fathers heart John.

Dave.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Bungalowbill Wrote:thanks, john, for the great history. sounds like things are working out and shaping up for you and your folks... never ever too late for that. your pop knew what he knew, and acted accordingly... not many higher compliments than that.

all our thoughts and prayers price.