Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forbidden X serie robusto dos
(2004 f.x.)

i just had to detail one thing about this outstanding cigar. it's not often you get a flavor that is simply one thing. not resembling, not -ish, not a mixture of this and that. just the essence of a known entity. in this case...

a pear.

perfect construction, perfect draw, starts mellow and strengthens into the deeper and sweeter flavors, balanced by a good amount of sweet toast, but...

the wrapper, before lighting, tasted exactly like a ripe, perfect pear.

completely weird and cool, and i'm sticking to my story. just amazing.
after lighting, it changed into many other things, but man, that pear thing was like a big neon sign, "this will not be an ordinary cigar!"

and it wasn't. and i recommend it. a ton of $, but most worth it. especially paired with an apple-ish drink. i had a belgian beer-apple beer on hand that hit it perfectly. calvados would be great, too (see the "cigar in a bottle" thing... i think lz got one Big Grin).

oh, and you may have to lay down on the couch afterwards (carlito means business)...

Big Grin
isnt it great when a good pairing comes together?

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Bungalowbill Wrote:oh, and you may have to lay down on the couch afterwards (carlito means business)...

Big Grin
I will keep that in mind....nice review BB
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
ColbyPants Wrote:isnt it great when a good pairing comes together?

TomC

PEARING?!?!?!?

LOL