Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant island of ice floating into populated areas...
BuffaloBill Wrote:
Beerlord Wrote:It's not global warming although thats what they will try to tell you. Common sense, whcih all women and a lot of men lack, will tell you the massive weight of somthig like that will cause it to break free, common sense will also tell you that in a arid climate such as the artice  the moisture fromt he burg will evaporate making it more brittle thus being suseptible to breaking away. Check is inthe mail, i won't come in your mouth, global warming, biggest lies ever told.

[size=2]The views expressed in this post are those of the author, and in no way represent, nor are they endorsed by, Stogiechat.  Smile

[/size]
Confusedhock:........[lol]   [ROTF]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Its the cows......too many cows.....
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Beerlord Wrote:It's not global warming although thats what they will try to tell you. Common sense, whcih all women and a lot of men lack, will tell you the massive weight of somthig like that will cause it to break free, common sense will also tell you that in a arid climate such as the artice  the moisture fromt he burg will evaporate making it more brittle thus being suseptible to breaking away. Check is inthe mail, i won't come in your mouth, global warming, biggest lies ever told.
come on bro.  that's a little over the top.

I think Rob means, you can have your opinion, but is the vulgarity necessary?

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Beerlord Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:global warming is a reality. It is here. We no longer have to wait. The salinity of the ocean is dropping due to all the melted snow. The polar icecaps are shrinking and the location of the krill masses is shifting. This last one, the krill, may have put in motion irreversible affects. This biomass is responsible for a large portion of the oxygen balance in the globe. It is no longer science nor speculation, it is fact. The question is, is it reversible.

And now with massive third world countries entering the modern age and capitalism (such as India & China), the prediction is for it accelerate.

And it was like what 150 years ago? probably the same thing, it's the circadium rythem of the eart.

It's not over the top Rob, it's common sense. We have had some of the coldest winters ion the last few years, global warming is junk science, said it before, will say it agian many many times. Reality is they don';t have a clue, when i was in  scholl they fortold of another ice age coming, 30 years later there is the total opposite, as i said junk science.

a cold winter hare & there means nothing. Especially if you are looking at regional weather.

The average temperature for the planet is on the rise. Further, look at 4 & 5 year averages. Sorry, but the next 100 years will not be pretty. More severe hurricanes, droughts in farmlands, floods in places normally rain deprived... isolated at first but slowly getting worse & worse over a long period.

Just look at the location of the jet stream over the last few years. It is way off where it should be. Not for any one day, but for the average latitude for the year.
ColbyPants Wrote:

TomC

Thanks Tom that was my point.  There are ladies on sc. 

ColbyPants Wrote:

TomC

I work in a profession that 95% women, do you honwstly dont' think i  tell tehm the same thing? I call it like I see it.

I believe it when i see it Skip, right now it's junk science with very little basis in reality, we have no idea what teh earth does ina 100, 125 150 year cycle...
Beerlord Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:

TomC

I work in a profession that 95% women, do you honwstly dont' think i  tell tehm the same thing? I call it like I see it.

I believe it when i see it Skip, right now it's junk science with very little basis in reality, we have no idea what teh earth does ina 100, 125 150 year cycle...
And I'd say it's inappropriate at work too and in some instances can get you into some really hot water.  Wink  Now back to our regularly scheduled crisis debate.
Beerlord Wrote:I believe it when i see it Skip, right now it's junk science with very little basis in reality, we have no idea what teh earth does ina 100, 125 150 year cycle...

Actually, the cycles are on the order of 100,000 to 500,000 years, and these are relatively short. Any increase or decrease in 100-150 years is really statistically insignificant. 

Cows & the gasses emitted by them are a larger threat. How to combat it?

EAT MORE STEAK!!
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Beerlord Wrote:I believe it when i see it Skip, right now it's junk science with very little basis in reality, we have no idea what teh earth does ina 100, 125 150 year cycle...

Actually, the cycles are on the order of 100,000 to 500,000 years, and these are relatively short. Any increase or decrease in 100-150 years is really statistically insignificant. 

Cows & the gasses emitted by them are a larger threat. How to combat it?

EAT MORE STEAK!!

Or maybe, less giant agricultural mega cattle farms (especially the ones that tear down rain forest to sustain themselves.  It seems to me by your reasoning that McDonalds  is a danger to the greenhouse effect then then.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
i BELIEVE AND DONT WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!                                                                   This is where the new young college student would say [wtf2] ........and sigh under their breathe......  WHATEVER!!

GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL, JUST LIKE THE IDIOT IN THE WHITEHOUSE IS REAL, and we are stuck with it!! Tell the scientists studying our own  melted Glaciers in our national park your theory, maybe they will buy you a beer for wishfull thinking!!