Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hygroset
It seems that when the set button is pushed, the starting position of the adjustment knob cannot be changed.

If this is true, the following problem would exist.  Let's say you turn the adjustment knob all the way clockwise and then hit set.  This would mean you could never increment unless there is a way to unset.  
I don't obsess over numbers, so adjusting a hygrometer is not a big deal to me.  Besides - if the hygro isn't NIST traceable, you dunno how good the thing really is regardless of the tolerance.....
Herfnerd Wrote:I don't obsess over numbers, so adjusting a hygrometer is not a big deal to me.  Besides - if the hygro isn't NIST traceable, you dunno how good the thing really is regardless of the tolerance.....

zackly!

I obsess of the taste of my cigars. I use the digital guages to bring me and keep me at the RH I find happy. I dont care if it says 72 or 61.
i spent a few bucks and used the humidipack calibration kit (basically a ziplock with an element) to see how accurate all my hygro's were. two were right on, one was 3% too high, two were 6% too high, and so on. just wrote the correction factors on the back of the hygro's and they've been good ballpark indicators ever since.

"ballpark," because the skipper is right, the real test is how the sticks are smoking over time, plus any real obvious problems like mold.
ping1 Wrote:It seems that when the set button is pushed, the starting position of the adjustment knob cannot be changed.

If this is true, the following problem would exist.  Let's say you turn the adjustment knob all the way clockwise and then hit set.  This would mean you could never increment unless there is a way to unset.  
1.) Calibrate
2.) Turn knob to make adjustment
3.) Press set
4.) Wait for display to lock in

You only need to press set after turning the adjustment knob

Hope this helps
~Mark