Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Phone
Anyone hear of TuneBite?  Wink
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=tunebite

http://audials.com/en/audials/rs_audials_complete.html
interesting... it seems to capture the sound as it is in or going to the cound card... then saves it as an MP3.

Works great...   also does it at 4x speed, so you don't have to listen to the songs during the conversion.
it does video too?
i have 2 ipods in my house, and i have songs bought at the itunes store on both. i thought the license on them was good for 5 ipods.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:there is insane copyright protection on itunes (& yes, we have itunes for windows...). This insane protection prevents me form bringing my ipod to your house and uploading your songs that you paid for to my ipod. It is licensed by account & device.

So, if your iphone or ipod dies, can you upload your old music to your new device?

Not your MP3's, but rather the itunes songs purchased form the istore.

(too damn many worthless I's in that paragraph).

Here's one way around the DRM, Skip. Among several other ways... http://www.engadget.com/2004/05/18/pts-h...-on-other/

I seem to remember a different, more legit way to do it through iTunes, but I can't find it. I'll keep looking. Granted, it may not exist. A great way to avoid the problem is to not buy anything from those nazis in the first place. The whole concept of DRM is a joke.
bartok Wrote:
Djaric Wrote:People spend crazy money on Tube powered amps.  Confusedhock:
Its insane.

It's not that bad.  I'll spend about $400 on my 300B amp, not including the tubes.  You have to know where to look for parts, or a project like that can nickel-and-dime you to death.  In the end you have something you made yourself that sounds better than anything you could have bought.

I guess I should have said, People CAN spend insane amounts on tube powered amps.  At least from what I've seen.  Tongue
Djaric Wrote:I guess I should have said, People CAN spend insane amounts on tube powered amps.  At least from what I've seen.  Tongue
It can be ludicrous, that's for sure.  Get some silver-wound transformers and some super high-end capacitors in there, and you're talking about a very expensive proposition.  I don't personally believe the super high-end tube stuff is worth it.

I'm not anti-digital at all.  For recording, it beats the crap out of tape - as long as you're going way over CD quality when laying your tracks down.  96kHz sounds great.  With 24 bits, those last few bits of data are way below the noise floor of your microphone.  I love the smooth warm sound of vinyl, but digital is hands-down better when it comes to noise and dynamic range.

bartok Wrote:
Djaric Wrote:I guess I should have said, People CAN spend insane amounts on tube powered amps.  At least from what I've seen.  Tongue
It can be ludicrous, that's for sure.  Get some silver-wound transformers and some super high-end capacitors in there, and you're talking about a very expensive proposition.  I don't personally believe the super high-end tube stuff is worth it.

I'm not anti-digital at all.  For recording, it beats the crap out of tape - as long as you're going way over CD quality when laying your tracks down.  96kHz sounds great.  With 24 bits, those last few bits of data are way below the noise floor of your microphone.  I love the smooth warm sound of vinyl, but digital is hands-down better when it comes to noise and dynamic range.
Silver sux. Actually it is one of the best conductors... until it oxidizes. Only gold retains it's conductive ability as gold is born gold and cannot change into anything else.