Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
little bit of humidor help
hello guys-

i recently switched my humidor to beads. in my humidor, my humidor is a desktop model with a glass top. on the bottom i have a cedar tray, and it holds a humidifier that is filled with the beads. they are 65 percent beads. now, on the top i have a tray/shelf. up there i have one of the humi-tubes filled with beads. my question is this- on the top shelf my humidity holds pretty steady at 62-65. somewhere in that vicinity, with a little fluctuation caused by the weather. however, on the bottom, the humidity is closer to 75. i've put a fan down there to try and get some circulation going, but to no avail. is this because the cigars are too "wet"? or am i doing something else wrong?

Yeah, it sounds like your cigars and Humi are wet.  I would dry out your beads with a hair drier andput them back in, that way they will absorb the extra moisture in there.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Good suggestion, Mark.

I might also move all your beads to the lower section to help control the humidity issue.  Humidity rises, so the top section should be fine unless you leave the top open for extended periods.

Another idea might be to put extra box dividers/extra pieces of cedar in the lower section to soak up some of the humidity.  Leave them in for a few days, air them out, put them back in, repeat until RH is at desired level.
i have some beads still in the package, that i've never even used. if i put them in a little sack or jar or something, and put that in the bottom, will that effectively dry up that extra moisture? i have some cedar trays i'll throw in there too. thanks for the tips.