Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Wizard
[Image: AshtonVSG.jpg]

6 X 56

This is a short review.  I have another VSG I will do a long review on soon.  My comment on this stogie is, that though it was still a good cigar.  The guage was too big.  Because of the extremem guage of the cigar, the sheer power of the stogie overwhelmed the nuance that can be so enjoyable of a VSG.  It was almost a shame.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I only have one of these in my box, which I got with a sampler.  I love the torps.  I'd be surprised if the 1 RG made that much of a difference, but in the end, I guess not that surprised.  To tell you the truth, I've got a bunch of VSGs in sizes lying around that I just never got around to trying, including the Enchantment.
torps are different because of the taper, which can help limit the draw.  I think it was the loose draw and big size produced too much smoke for ots own good.
VSG's are just an incredible cigar.  I almost always go with the Robusto, unless they just happen to be out of that size.  The length and ring guage are just about perfect.  You can never have enough of these on hand.
I adore the lonsdale, personally.

TomC
I just finished one of these and I agree that I am not a big fan of the size. The original ones I tried were very tasteless and boring. The one I just finished out of the Carlito's Way Sampler was much more flavorful and powerful than the originals.
I have the sampler from the my SS......I have yet to smoke one....they look real good

thanks for the review....I will keep all of this in mind when I have a VSG
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin