Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas governor orders cervical cancer vaccine for schoolgirls
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16975112/wid/11915773?GT1=9033

Have I just not been hearing about this because I don't live in Texas, or is this out of no where for other folks too.
my GF is a RN (who works giving vaccinations all day), and thinks the HPV shot is a great breakthrough.  While we both dont understand the necessity to MANDATE it, I dont see why responsible parents with the means would not have their child get it.

Carrie says specifically " as long as their are not any contraindications, its a good idea.  They require several vaccines for almost obselete diseases, so offer why not offer one that helps prevent a disease that kills thousands of women."

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
agreed, but the key word you used was offer.  Not only did the governor feel it was important enough that everyone should get it, but he skipped the rest of the folks that might have a say or a vote or whatever on the subject, and that seems a bit overboard, unless of course you are being paid very well by the medical company that is going to profit from you skipping due process and garanteeing them a huge contract w/ the state, not to mention the publicity and chance to add a few other states in the process.
Vacinations tha are available for any communicable disease should be mandatory, period end of conversation. I'm as right wing as them come but if think vacinating sombody agains an std will promote sexual activity you need a punch to the head.
Beerlord Wrote:Vacinations tha are available for any communicable disease should be mandatory, period end of conversation. I'm as right wing as them come but if think vacinating sombody against an std will promote sexual activity you need a punch to the head.

a common sense response if I ever heard one Wink

TomC
I'm all about common sense.
This is a major controversary here in Texas. I am a Native Texan with a daughter that is not falling into Gov Nazi Perry's mandate, but if she was I would fight this with every fiber in my body.  No Governor has the right to mandate a vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested nor,  the side effects of the future even known. I see this as nothing more than Perry getting some kind of kick back from Merck, as the person whom introduced this idea to Gov Nazi, was a former Bush ( TX gov term) staff member that is now a paid lobbyist by Merck. It only takes 3 yrs to get an FDA approval and on the market these days, and look at all the drugs approved that have been recalled and have horrid side effects that are life threatening....examples Viox, Celebrex,  Baycol,( cause heart problems)  Accutane-still on market but causes birth defects and is used for acne in teens, bextra, and all the Able Lab drugs recalled which is over 100 types as they were released to the public before being discovered manufacturing conditions did not meet FDA requirements! I do not think all vaccines/RX are created equal. Anyone of you hear of a drug widely prescribed to pregnant women in the early to mid 50's called thalimide? It caused many still borns, and ones born alive suffered horribly in their short lives from what the RX did to fetus. I may have spelled it wrong but sure it could be googled to read about it. My problem is with vaccines autism has been attached as they had mercury in them, and who knows about this drug, since it was developed and on the market in less than 5 yrs total..... Would all of you men be so optimistic it is a good drug if was mandated that your sons be forced to take a vaccine at 6 that will keep them from maybe getting oh I dont know, an STD? think about that for awhile.....

Would you want to find out your daughter is sterile at 25 from this vaccine? How about finding out your son is sterile at 25 from a vaccine, and having to see the teers they will all shed when they cant have any children, or give you any grandchildren?

More research needs to be done than 3 yrs on anything any parent should choose to give their daughters/sons. Does this make the issue more clear? I have problems with a Governor telling me I HAVE TO GIVE THIS TO MY CHILD, OR ANY CHILD.

Also Nazi Perry has not figured out how to pay for it either, its a very expensive vaccine at $300 a shot and will have to have 3 shots ? In Tx many of you dont realize that over 45% of the state is uninsured, and how are indigent parents supposed to pay for this? Perry has no clue, and has no daughters it will effect either......

Governor Perry needs to stay out of Medicine, he is not a DR, or even smart enough to have graduated from any college of med either...

To me this has nothing to do with keeping any female child safe, cuz if given proper advice about sex they would never be exposed to any STD, or HPV... in this world safe sex is the only form of sex acceptable.

I hope your Governors dont jump on this and make your daughters take it either!!
oops cant delete, posted twice sorry
so by your way of thinking we would never have any vaccinations and polio, chicken pox, rubella et all ... epicemics would still be comon place. did yo ever look ito the teh stats for baycol, clelebrex et all, extremely small amounts of  people get affected by them, but teh lawyers will have you believe that everyoen suffered from the negative effects. 
VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:To me this has nothing to do with keeping any female child safe, cuz if given proper advice about sex they would never be exposed to any STD, or HPV... in this world safe sex is the only form of sex acceptable.

Thats BS.  1 in 4 HIV carrying ppl donttell their parter cause they dont know.  you cannot advise against ignorance/idiocy.  Doubt its any different with any othe sexually transmitted disease.

VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:Also Nazi Perry has not figured out how to pay for it either, its a very expensive vaccine at $300 a shot and will have to have 3 shots ? In Tx many of you dont realize that over 45% of the state is uninsured, and how are indigent parents supposed to pay for this? Perry has no clue, and has no daughters it will effect either......

states like NH are considering publically funding giving away the vaccine to people who volunteer to take it.

a side note. Vaccines for measels mumps rubella tetanus smallpox polio chicken pox etc etc etc all come with potentially hazardus side effects.  Should we stop "forcing" all these people to take these vaccines as well?

VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:Would you want to find out your daughter is sterile at 25 from this vaccine? How about finding out your son is sterile at 25 from a vaccine, and having to see the teers they will all shed when they cant have any children, or give you any grandchildren?

by the same reasoning, how I doubt you would enjoy telling your child she has terminal cervical cancer, which was easily could have been prevented by a simple vaccine?  I am not saying your point is incorrect per se, just playing devils advocate

[user=141]VEGASVIXEN06[/user] wrote:
Quote:Would all of you men be so optimistic it is a good drug if was mandated that your sons be forced to take a vaccine at 6 that will keep them from maybe getting oh I dont know, an STD? think about that for awhile.....
thats a bit of a cheap shot I think.  My GF is a nurse and we we talking about the vaccine, and the first words out of my mouth were literally:  WHY ISNT THIS AVAILABLE FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN?

so yes, if I had a son, line his ass up with my daughter to get it Wink

Wink

just an opinion or two

TomC
Quote: