Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seeking suggestions
Hey guys, just introduced my self in the newbie section of the board.  Might as well start off with a question.  Been smoking heminway series for about 9 months and enjoy the flavor.  But I feel by sticking to the same thing I could be missing out on some great smokes, any suggestions considering I really enjoy the flavor of the hemingway.
Welcome aboard!

If you haven't already, get some padrons.  Any of the X000 series...natural or maduro.  Some CAO's, maybe Italias or maduros.  And the LGC wavell.
Hmmmm....most people who start off, usually prefer the mild-medium cigars before moving up to the full.

As for tastes, everyone's is different & subject to change. An idea might be to get some sampler packs so you can try different cigars & see which you like & which you dislike.

Good luck & let us know how your doing. Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
thanks for the input guys
you might wanna check out a cao brazilia. if you're looking for an inexpensive smoke, check out atlanticcigars.com and a box of cubita sms (skipper recommended these to me, and they're just fantastic). if you have a little coin to spend, pick up a couple arturo fuente don carlos, or some padron anniversary, or some opus x. they're all fantastic.
you are near the top of the ladder there. The Hemingway's are one of the higher quality smokes.

Similar profiles with different tastes can be found with the same manufacturer in the Opus line which most consider to be of higher quality.

I would try the Padron anniversary maduros. Those will be something special after a Hemingway. Also give the Tatuaje's a shot.

The best advice I can give is keep reading/posting and ask your local tobacconist.

But the best fun may be to buy a different cigar every week or so and try it. You never know what treasure you will uncover.

can't go wrong with the skipper's advice there. going a little cheaper, anything by oliva is a pretty good bet, medium bodied, good spice, like the hemi's, just different.
Based on your suggestions I have picked up the following sticks to try:

CAO Italia & Brazillia

La Gloria Cubana Wavell, natural & maduro

Padron 2000 maduro

Tatuaje P2 & Havana VI

I will let you guys know what I think, please dont expect some elaborate review, just a simple one.  Of course had to pick up a few hemingway's just because that's my go to for now.  There were a few more suggestions made, but I had to start somewhere and also saw another post talking about short (4-5") cigars, so I made a list of those because I really like that length, so I will also try those.
bwhit4 Wrote:Based on your suggestions I have picked up the following sticks to try:

CAO Italia & Brazillia

La Gloria Cubana Wavell, natural & maduro

Padron 2000 maduro

Tatuaje P2 & Havana VI

I will let you guys know what I think, please dont expect some elaborate review, just a simple one.  Of course had to pick up a few hemingway's just because that's my go to for now.  There were a few more suggestions made, but I had to start somewhere and also saw another post talking about short (4-5") cigars, so I made a list of those because I really like that length, so I will also try those.
all winners there.  the italia is hit and miss.  some like it some hate it.  the havana vi and brazilias are my current go-to's and the wavell is a first ballot hall of famer.
Rob...what about LG Small Batch #1? Big Grin

I still have 2 left!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles