Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuesta-Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve No. 9 Pyramide
Filler: Dominican
Binder: Dominican
Wrapper:  Cameroon

Size: 6 1/4 x 52
Price Paid: $7.00

This is a limited 2005 release with only 1750 boxes made.  It comes in a churchill size also and only 1000 boxes of those were produced.

Nice looking presentation with the band being a big sleeve that you slide off the cigar.  The cigar has great construction and smooth veins, slightly spongy.  Great appearance.

I clipped about 1/4 inch off the pyramide and tested the draw which was perfect.  Pre-light draw was slighty sweet.  I torched the foot and had a very easy light.

First 1/3 is mild and creamy and nice. This cigar builds in strength gradually, but isn't a strong cigar, and has a nice medium body going into the 2/3, where flavors of nuts and vanilla add to this creamy smoke.  During the last third all these flavors were there with hints of spice.  This smoke never became harsh and I smoked it till my fingers burned. 

I've had two of these cigars now and have really been impressed.  I like them better than Hemingways, which is totally subjective.

This cigar is not for the full bodied/strenght nut (rob, discdog), and shouldn't be smoked after a steak dinner.  I would definately reccomend picking up a couple singles, especially if you like Cammies.
nice review wingo.  my brother loves them.  so much so that he picked up a box.  i thought they were ok but a little too mild for me.  kind of like smoking well contructed great burning air.
I figured this cigar wouldn't be for you Rob, or anyone who thinks Chisels are medium for that matter. Big Grin
wingo Wrote:I figured this cigar wouldn't be for you Rob, or anyone who thinks Chisels are medium for that matter. Big Grin
lol!  well they are!  the maddies though are more a medium-full. Wink and the small batch are effing halucinogenic.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
wingo Wrote:I figured this cigar wouldn't be for you Rob, or anyone who thinks Chisels are medium for that matter. Big Grin
lol!  well they are!  the maddies though are more a medium-full. Wink and the small batch are effing halucinogenic.
Small Batch is one I really want to try.  Hefty price tag on that beast.
wingo Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Small Batch is one I really want to try.  Hefty price tag on that beast.
wait on the singles at cbid.  you can usually get one for ~$15.   well worth it.  a serious mellow off that stick.  best i've ever had non-prescription.
Very nice review, Wingo.  I haven't liked Cuesta Rey cigars in the past, but since I am a big Hemingway fan, and based upon your review, I will have to give one a shot.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]