Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noobs first post-intro thread...
As I stated in my intro thread I got interested in quality cigars after a few cohiba habanos while in Mexico. I've been smoking one every day or other day for about 2 wks now after work, just to hang out and relax. I dont really have any friends that enjoy them to give me recommendations and here is what i've tried so far. I hope I can remember them all. I def cant remember the size or whatever the word is for that.

RYJ Cedro Deluxe #2, liked it
Oliva Serie V, not so much
RYJ Habana Reserve, meh....ok
Montecristo no 2 Habano (from a guy at work), AWESOME
Montecristo Platinum Robusto, Favorite so far
Arturo Fuente gran reserva, hardly any flavor, VERY mild, not so much
Macanudo Gold Label (co-worker's fav), did not care for it
Casa Magna (not the Cigar of the year size, longer), was ok but not favorite
Rocky Patel connecticut (white and gold band), pretty good
Rocky Patel Summer Blend, 2nd fav so far

Tonight I have an Oliva (serie G I believe) that is my last until I make a run tomorrow. Ill let you guys know what I think about it.

I've been trying to pay alot of attention to the flavors and details of each one to see what I like about them. I'm def going to pick up more than one of the Monte Platinums this week. But with SO many choices out there its hard to not just get a bunch of diff singles everytime.

You guys got any recommendations based off of what my likes/dislikes are as stated above?

Take a look at the good cigar review and and dog rocket section. That should help you out.

Sounds like you should stick with the mild ones until your palete becomes stronger.

I'll be interested to see what you think of the Oliva G as oppose to the V.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I know the V was a bit strong for ME. But all I could taste with that sucker was LEATHER. Ill let you guys know what I think about the G. Any predictions?

I've been checking out the reviews religiously.
Have any of you had the Oliva G? If so what did you think? What flavors did you find with it? I have enjoyed comparing others opinions/flavors while firing one up.
Well it wasnt the Oliva Serie G I had, but an Oliva Connecticut Reserve Torpedo. I enjoyed this one yesterday afternoon in the backyard w/ a good book as the sun was going down here just south of Houston.

I'm planning on running to a cigar shop down the road on my lunch break. Give me some recommendations please!
wlgorman Wrote:Well it wasnt the Oliva Serie G I had, but an Oliva Connecticut Reserve Torpedo. I enjoyed this one yesterday afternoon in the backyard w/ a good book as the sun was going down here just south of Houston.

I'm planning on running to a cigar shop down the road on my lunch break. Give me some recommendations please!
What shop is that?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Did the Cohiba's come in a glass lid box?
No, I got them from the cigar shop in the resort we were staying at. If I recall correctly they were in a reg box. It was while back though im really not sure
man this forum is excruciatingly slow
slow as in performance, or as few posts?
No Justice, No Peace!
You have to remember that there are mostly older folks here that either have jobs, responsibilities or out waxing their Porsche or yacht..lol. seriously it more active towards the evening rather during the day like other social sight
No Justice, No Peace!