Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
hey rob, with your trick of the microwaving the water, and putting it in the humi, is it dangerous for their to be too much heat in there? after i did that, the heat went up to over 80 in there, is that safe?
scott81425 Wrote:hey rob, with your trick of the microwaving the water, and putting it in the humi, is it dangerous for their to be too much heat in there? after i did that, the heat went up to over 80 in there, is that safe?

1. i put a rag under the bowl so i wouldn't stain the wood with any possible spillage. 

2. i moved it further back from center so as not to fog the glass.  i don't know why i did this but then again i don't know why i do half the things i do.

3. just warm it to get the water molecules excited and steaming scott.  you don't have to get it boiling over or anything. 

4.  i never had an issue with the temperature from steaming.  maybe you're warming the water more than you have to?

5. best rule i've ever read on seasoning was from the doc.  just take your time.  better to do a thorough job slowly than half a job quickly. 

let us know how you make out.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
scott81425 Wrote:hey rob, with your trick of the microwaving the water, and putting it in the humi, is it dangerous for their to be too much heat in there? after i did that, the heat went up to over 80 in there, is that safe?

1. i put a rag under the bowl so i wouldn't stain the wood with any possible spillage. 

2. i moved it further back from center so as not to fog the glass.  i don't know why i did this but then again i don't know why i do half the things i do.

3. just warm it to get the water molecules excited and steaming scott.  you don't have to get it boiling over or anything. 

4.  i never had an issue with the temperature from steaming.  maybe you're warming the water more than you have to?

5. best rule i've ever read on seasoning was from the doc.  just take your time.  better to do a thorough job slowly than half a job quickly. 

Tis my idea! I invented this years ago (I was a physics major after all... wait... Physics minor with a major in math & comp sci).

As for the heat, no worries, as long as there are no cigars.
awesome. thanks guys. i guess i'll just wait it out. its holding steady right at 66, so it should be good to go soon.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:

Tis my idea! I invented this years ago (I was a physics major after all... wait... Physics minor with a major in math & comp sci).

As for the heat, no worries, as long as there are no cigars.

i learned everything i know from the holy cigar trinity: lz, skip and the doc.  Smile

and scott if you ever have any questions about your antietam's door mark is a freaking expert.  Wink
i'll be sure to go to mark with any door questions, haha. i got my first box for it in today, from tinderbox. my gol's are now resting in there quite nicely, and he threw in a few extras. i'll try and get some pics up later.
ok, i have a few crappy camera phone pics of my setup. a few things you might note, i have a ton of humidification in there. 2 oasis's, and roughly a pound of beads. some of it will be coming out as i need the room, but right now, i'm not using that space for anything else. you might also notice the sheer plethora of hygrometers in there. if anyone needs a good digital, let me know, i have an extra Smile.

and another
very nice!  nothing like a good old stack o stogies. 
i'll get some better quality ones up for the humidor P0RN thread when my digi gets out of the shop.