Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Luck Like
sprint car Wrote:If it was raining p****es I would get hit in the head sith a d**k!!!!!

sprint car there are ladies present in our community so we try to keep the vulgarity to a minimum.  thank you. 
How's this for luck.

While in Vegas last year I dropped some serious scratch on one of their forbidden X's with the pigtail... I think it was around $90. (yeah yeah, I know... I get caught up in the moment).

Anyway, I lit it last weekend at the Mohegan Sun with Ashman and a few other friends... It burned lousy! Had to touch it up 3 or 4 times. For the most part, a small section of leaf simply would not burn. Must have been that new asbestos tobacco.
While I normally am unlucky, yesterday on my way home I stopped at a B&M really just to see if they had the Vision, so I could pick one up and try it.

To my surprise they had a box of ESG robusto's and at $17.50, it wasnt too steep to try one.  I am still newer to cigars and while I prefer a full body stick, I dont need 7+ inches of it.  This always prevented me from buying the larger ESG.  Either way I got that and also realized they had some WOAM in, so I got 1 of those and last but not least all 3 sizes of Vision.  So I got what I went for and a little bonus!

Maybe lucks changing for me as?!?!

Mason 

EDITED to add:  Please no jokes about the 7+ inches line, I just read it and it sounds bad but its funny so I'll leave it in here Tongue !
alright i usually never have a problem with a stick.  ever.  a little tough draw from time to time but nothing that can't be fixed with the draw poker.  i talk with discdog this morning.  hang up with him.  pick out a fine lfd 2x ligero especiales while i take the kids to the park moments later.  freaking thing had two tunnels directly under the wrapper that homeless people could've lived in.  completely effed up the burn.  :X

obviously it may be contagious bob. Wink
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:alright i usually never have a problem with a stick.  ever.  a little tough draw from time to time but nothing that can't be fixed with the draw poker.  i talk with discdog this morning.  hang up with him.  pick out a fine lfd 2x ligero especiales while i take the kids to the park moments later.  freaking thing had two tunnels directly under the wrapper that homeless people could've lived in.  completely effed up the burn.  :X

Rob, it's not contagious, it's transference! I was trying to get rid of the bad luck, looks like you're it. lol
discdog Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:alright i usually never have a problem with a stick.  ever.  a little tough draw from time to time but nothing that can't be fixed with the draw poker.  i talk with discdog this morning.  hang up with him.  pick out a fine lfd 2x ligero especiales while i take the kids to the park moments later.  freaking thing had two tunnels directly under the wrapper that homeless people could've lived in.  completely effed up the burn.  :X

Rob, it's not contagious, it's transference! I was trying to get rid of the bad luck, looks like you're it. lol
oh geez.  thanks a lot buddy. Confusedhock:
discdog Wrote:Nah, they all tell me to go get another. But I gotta at least try to beat the cigar. Wink

I really gotta praise DD's efforts on this, too.  The man really does have a knack for pickin out the odd cigar in a whole humidor of smokes, and then really wrestling with it until there's just no possibilities left for it. 

My worst was a friend bringing over some nice Cohibas, and the one he handed me was plugged awful, but close to the head.  I started recutting it going down the cigar trying to save it, but that just made things worse; terrible damn mess and I was glad he had another for me that smoked flawlessly.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:alright i usually never have a problem with a stick.  ever.  a little tough draw from time to time but nothing that can't be fixed with the draw poker. 

i have never used nor ever considered using a draw poke her....

When I get a plugged cigar, the first thing I do it roll it between my fingers looking for the tight spot. Once located I massage this to try to loosen it up a bit (man, with a slight variation of wording I could make this very erotic).

If that doesn work, I may resort to clipping with my cutter a bit from the mouth or even the foot (although usually a bit more heat with a torch lighter can clear up problems at the foot).

If the problem is still there and wont go away, I toss it out & grab another. How long before I resort to this depends on how expensive or hard-to-get the cigar is.

diskdog, you have my sympathies...