La Flor Dominicana - Chisel
Brand: La Flor Dominicana - Chisel

Frontmark/Vitola/Size: Chisel 6 x 54[/b]

Wrapper: Ecuatorian sun grown Dominican[/b]

[/b]

Binder:[/b] Dominican[/b]

[/b]

Filler: Dominican[/b]

Local/online price: There are 8 sizes available in the Double Ligero line with sizes ranging from the almost miniscule Chiselito at 5 x 44 to the enormous DL-700 at 6.5 x 60  With two of the cigars in the lineup also offered in an oily maduro wrapper[/b]

The prices on these cigars range from $6.00 / $7.25 each to $108.00 / $130.00 per box and are widely available[/b]

Online: http://www.jackschwartz.com/cp/LA-FLOR-DOMINICANA-CIGARS/cigars.aspx

http://www.seriouscigars.com , http://www.bonitasmokeshop.com/La Flor Dominicana Cigars.htm , http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars.html

Local: Puff –n-Stuff, Blue Havana II, Cigar Connoisseur[/b]

First impression: Rich, oily dark chocolate, rustic with prominent veining, the Chisel tip is decidedly unique and presented a question as to the best way to cut. I finally decided to punch both sides of the tip[/b]

Prelight draw: Heavy, strong tobacco flavors slightly sweet taste. Medium draw.

Light: Initial lite was simple, as if it was willing to give it’s all to the cause

Smoking the cigar: This cigar is one of the strongest I have tried to date, I would not recommend ever lighting this one up on an empty stomach, the double ligero is extreme in it’s prominence and yet the cigar is very balanced. It showed consistent flavors of coffee, almonds, woody, and leather throughout the entire experience.

Ash: Very consistent, grey/white with flecks of black surprisingly fluffy ash, that had to be ashed about every inch or so[/b]

Conclusion/Comments: This cigar was a powerhouse of a smoke. As stated above, full of flavor, the unique tip took no getting used to as it was very comfortable in hand and mouth. I would not suggest this particular line to any but the most seasoned smokers as it is very strong. Also, due to the quanity of ligero used in the larger sizes, I would suggest leaving it out of the humidor for at least a couple of hours to dry a bit, otherwise you may experience burn problems. This cigar will be a staple in my inventory as the profile and costs fits me perfectly.[/b]

[/b]

My scale[/b] for rating is as follows:[/b]

Appearance: 1-10[/b]

Construction: 1-10[/b]

Burn: 1-10[/b]

Taste: 1-60[/b]

Value: 1-10[/b]

For this cigar:[/b]

A-8[/b]

C-8[/b]

B-7[/b]

T-57[/b]

V-9[/b]

For a total of - 89[/b]
Nice review!

My first one of these, I sat near comatose in my deck chair for quite some time after the last puff, contemplating life, the universe, and my navel. Wink

Still a strong favorite, and a regular in my rotation.  It's a hard choice between the sungrown and the maduro on this one for me . . . I like the flavor profile on the sungrown, but the maddie does a better job of standing up to the power of the ligero.

NANP

[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Nice review DD

my mouth is watering already......

[party4]
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
These are so good... if you can get them.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
they are very nice stogiesm i prefer that itty bitty chiselito myself.

nice review!
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
great review, dd! i love the shape of this stick, very comfortable. for me it's like smoking a good cup of french roast coffee.
Nice review. One of my favorite cigars.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
has anyone punched the chisel tip the way it was first said it should be done?

In all cases, if I start out punched, I cut this cigar after about 1/3rd.

great review, but I have to say I never found them to be the power house they were cracked up to be. But on flavor alone they are a staple in my stash. Maduros.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:has anyone punched the chisel tip the way it was first said it should be done?

In all cases, if I start out punched, I cut this cigar after about 1/3rd.

great review, but I have to say I never found them to be the power house they were cracked up to be. But on flavor alone they are a staple in my stash. Maduros.

If you are referring to punching both sides of the flat section, yes, that's the way I smoke mine. I keep both the maddie and the naturals, it just depends on the mood as to which one I pick up.

Not Strong Confusedhock:
If you like this one you'll love the maduro version sold in ten count boxes but pretty hard to find sometimes.