Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Season in Pennsylvania
Headley Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:Pulasky (salmon river) is very well know.
Quote:A former boss of mine who I am still fairly close to goes up there every year for the salmon run.  He always asks me to go but I can never seem to make it work.
Quote:After seeing that site I might have to make it work.
       If you have someone to go with that goes often, I would recommend  going with him, or getting info from him. Especially when it comes to lodging up there. There are a few really crappy hotels there, and one or two that is way over priced. I fish there with the same group of guys every year. My one friend has been fishing Pulasky for more then 20 years.
great to see some fish chat. i've been slinging flies since i was a wee anklebiter. it's one of three things that can truly make me forget myself and the world, the other two being surfing and .... well, i'll just say it's also good. Big Grin
i've never been fishing....Sad
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
admin Wrote:Honestly, I think I've been fishin about 2-3 times when I was little...like age 9-12.   Then went ocean fishing for a weekend

Ive also been ocen fishing down in baja california, it was a day thing, went with a few uncles.

Caught a tuna....I think???....lots of fun though, and it sounds like we have to go fishing now Jess......chente park has big fishTongue

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
sergione Wrote:
admin Wrote:Honestly, I think I've been fishin about 2-3 times when I was little...like age 9-12.   Then went ocean fishing for a weekend

Ive also been ocen fishing down in baja california, it was a day thing, went with a few uncles.

Caught a tuna....I think???....lots of fun though, and it sounds like we have to go fishing now Jess......chente park has big fishTongue

hahahahahahhaha

i bet it does!!!!....Wink
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
A few years back I got into Fly fishing,My buddy set me up and we went to the conneticut river in NH.Now at the time it was the very first time i had ever fly fished,i had little confidence i could use the equipment properly let alone hook up to a trout.Well he sets up my stick with a 2lb tippet which is what folks who have much more experience than me use.Of course i broke off fly after fly then finally got the hang of it and caught onto a maybe 2lb trout.Of course netting it is another matter..I had the most fun ever fishing trying to land this little guy.He got away but i had a blast!Normally i am a Bass man but fly fishing is like the elite way to try and catch a fish.So now from time to time i try to catch bass with a fly rod,it's hilarious to watch i'm told.I don't care if i land one so long as i feel the tug on the line.
That sounds great Headley. I haven't been fishing since I was a kid. Used to do it all, lake, stream, river, surf, ocean. Flyfish, spinners, bait, you name it. It seems that workaday grind nudges these simple pleasures out of our daily lineup. Too bad. May have to try again.

Be sure to post some pics of your catches, or at least give us a fish story or two. Big Grin

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:That sounds great Headley. I haven't been fishing since I was a kid. Used to do it all, lake, stream, river, surf, ocean. Flyfish, spinners, bait, you name it. It seems that workaday grind nudges these simple pleasures out of our daily lineup. Too bad. May have to try again.

Be sure to post some pics of your catches, or at least give us a fish story or two. Big Grin

Doc

Didn't have a camera with me but maybe this weekend.

Ended up getting skunked in the morning when my neighbor and I went out.  Was home by 11:00 when I had planned on taking my son out with me.   2 1/2 hours later we came home with 6 trout ranging from 12 to 15 inches.  Greatest time fishing ever to have him with me.

I'd hook the fish and then let him reel it in.  He asked "when are we going home Daddy?" and I would reply "Whenever you want to Henry.  We can either go now or catch one more fish".  He came back 3 times after the "last fish" and said "I want to catch one more fish Daddy".

Got to smoke 3 cigars between the morning with ny neighbor and cleaning the fish later.  Just a great day.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
I'm from PA and have always been amazed at the a$$hole to elbows that these people in my area put up with to wet their lines!!!!!

I mean, there is less than 3 feet between each guy trying to catch stocked trout in Ridley Creek.....not exactly the 'wilderness experience', eh???

They also tend to trash the creek sides with bad beer cans, bait containers, etc etc.

Me?  I can live without Trout season in Pa.  
SingleMaltScott Wrote:I'm from PA and have always been amazed at the a$$hole to elbows that these people in my area put up with to wet their lines!!!!!

I mean, there is less than 3 feet between each guy trying to catch stocked trout in Ridley Creek.....not exactly the 'wilderness experience', eh???

They also tend to trash the creek sides with bad beer cans, bait containers, etc etc.

Me?  I can live without Trout season in Pa.  

Hey SMS.  Born and raised in the Philly burbs a little NW of where you are.  If you find the right spots and are patient enough you can actually have a peaceful day without banging elbows.

I agree that there are some spots and streams that are just a joke.  Literally elbow to elbow.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.