Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Masters (hack!)
i absolutely love lighting up a stogie and watching a golf tourney like this one. that is, one where the course is so damn difficult that you get to watch bazillion dollar pros flail like i used to on the local muni. joy!

ripped into a hemi masterpiece maduro today which lasted all of 3 hours... backed up by some healthy locally brewed ipa's.

i know many folks think golf is like watching flies f***. but if you've really played and struggled, you realize how damn hard it is to maintain your sh** while missing 3 foot putts. as for doing it in front of thousands (millions, tv), i can only imagine. mental scrambled eggs.

tiger is on the hunt as usual, but i find myself rooting for the upstarts. talk about a paycheck.
It definitely makes you appreciate how freaking hard that course is to make the pros shoot in the 80's.  This yeat is especially brutal...almost to a fault.  I don't like watching someone back into the win which is what's happening so far.

Somehow they give the Masters a break.  If this were the US Open they'd be bitching about how difficult the layout is and how it minimizes the competitive nature of the tournament.

Can't wait for tomorrow's round.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
I'm with ya on this one!  I'll be watching tomorrow as well.  3 Hours out of that cigar!Confusedhock:  I wish I had the patience to make it last that long.Tongue  A very enjoyable smoke though, huh.  I am hoping Tiger takes down another one though.  There's something to be said for watching the greatest of all time do his thing.Wink
sweet tourney. i was glad to see the kid get a win.
Me too.  It's nice to see somebody from the midwest pull it off.  Kinda weird to see Tiger be human though...  I did like the way the course was playing today.  It made the end that much better with people being able to make some moves!