Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found Bugs....need help
thank you rob.....i will post pics of the process when i get to it
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
have you done it already??

-jesse
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
okay so I went through the steps

I got old zip lock bags that some of you will remember cause hell you all gave me stogies in these bags at one point.....I knew they would come in handy some day

[Image: P4150510.jpg]

I put some of the stogies that were right next to the infested partagas 160 into one bag...

[Image: P4150511.jpg]

And then I but that bag in another air tight bag.

[Image: P4150513.jpg]

then I put them in another air tight bag that I later taped shut and put all of the bags in a plastic bag just to keep them together

[Image: P4150514.jpg]

No humidity will escape from those bags and the are now sitting in the freezer....so im thinking around Thursday evening I can take them out and move them over to the fridge and so on......hope I did it right cause I got all my Opus' and habanos and padron anni in those bags[baby]I hope they pull through
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:

hopefully they pull through.....Smile

-jesse
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:

hopefully they pull through.....Smile

-jesse
the bag I put them in was from Big Buy.....im sure they'll be fineWinkBig Grin lol
George Carlin
sergione Wrote:the bag I put them in was from Big Buy.....im sure they'll be fineWinkBig Grin lol

[lol]

seriously???....please tell me you're joking.....[ROTF]

-jesse
Serge... beatles eat through plastic like it's not there. So this as a method of quaranteen is not acceptable.

Freezing is the only solution. Get the cigars down to zero degrees (use a freezer thermometer) for 48 hours. Then follow the thawing process carefully.

Any cigars you think you can get away with without freezing MUST BE INSPECTED CAREFULLY DAILY! Look for any tell tale signs (dust in the humi, holes, eggs and of course beatles).. Do this for at least 30 days. Any cigars thawed must be inspected daily as well.

Remember freezing will kill any beatles but not the eggs. So even a cigar that has been frozen may experience a hatch if the cigar reaches a temp above 70 degrees.

And yes, you can smoke a cigar with bugs... Hell you probably have already and didn't know it (your breakfast cerial more than likely has bug body parts in it... in fact the government actually allow this within a certain percentage).

AND ANYONE WHO HAS TRADED CIGARS WITH SERGE NEEDS TO CHECK THEIR STASH CAREFULLY & OFTEN!

Ideally you want to freeze even your humidors... While this isn;t possible, freeze anything the cigars have been in, such as your traveldors. And wipe down your larger humidors and inspect it often!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Serge... beatles eat through plastic like it's not there. So this as a method of quaranteen is not acceptable.

Freezing is the only solution. Get the cigars down to zero degrees (use a freezer thermometer) for 48 hours. Then follow the thawing process carefully.

Any cigars you think you can get away with without freezing MUST BE INSPECTED CAREFULLY DAILY! Look for any tell tale signs (dust in the humi, holes, eggs and of course beatles).. Do this for at least 30 days. Any cigars thawed must be inspected daily as well.

Remember freezing will kill any beatles but not the eggs. So even a cigar that has been frozen may experience a hatch if the cigar reaches a temp above 70 degrees.

And yes, you can smoke a cigar with bugs... Hell you probably have already and didn't know it (your breakfast cerial more than likely has bug body parts in it... in fact the government actually allow this within a certain percentage).

AND ANYONE WHO HAS TRADED CIGARS WITH SERGE NEEDS TO CHECK THEIR STASH CAREFULLY & OFTEN!

Ideally you want to freeze even your humidors... While this isn;t possible, freeze anything the cigars have been in, such as your traveldors. And wipe down your larger humidors and inspect it often!

i dont think i have to worry..Big Grin

-jesse
Thanks for the advise Skip....But I thought you were to leave the stogies in the freezer for 4 days and for 24 hours in the fridge???????

If any one has gotten cigars from me in the past DO NOT WORRY....I kept them in another Humi....but it doesn't hurt to check Wink

and I only didn't freeze four cigars

the ashton VSG that I will be smoking Friday

the Padron 40th anny..that looked fine and had no signs of forced entry

and two habanos that were in tubes....again no signs of forced entry

George Carlin
I had heard somewhere:  that the only people who can honestly say they havent smoked a beetle is someone who has never had a cigar.

hope things are fixed my man.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool