Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popping the Question
For those interested, she said 'yes.'  After all of the looking at the ring and other nonsense, we got to smoke the 2005 GOF by Carlito.  My buddy loved the coffin package and as a Fuente fan, he couldn't wait to light it up.

The cigar itself seemed very mild at first - maybe due to the age?  I'm not sure, but I was surprised, as the Carlito is supposed to have more of a kick when compared to the Don Carlos. 

Not until the last third did it really seem to develop into a serious cigar - lots of flavor and smoke and I didn't want it to end.  I will say that the construction was flawless, and I never had to re-light the cigar like I have had to do with some Opus X.

Overall, it was a great cigar for a wonderful evening.  My buddy really appreciated the gesture and it was a memorable smoke.  Thank you all for the suggestions.
great! & congrats
Congratulations to your friend, I'm happy to hear the cigar was a success as well, I've got 10 of these chillin' in the wineador right now. Big Grin
glad to hear it all worked out.  nothing punctuates a moment in time to memory like a cigar.
YAY!!!!!!

[party]
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Another one bites the dust!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:Another one bites the dust!
speaking of when is sarah getting her ring?
Congrats to your friend, Magnum.  And this celebratory cigar is just the begining.  There's the stag party, the rehearsal dinner, the round of golf the morning of the wedding, etc, etc. 

Quote:I know this is off topic, but any suggestions for where to buy cigars locally? Are there any cigar clubs in our area? I've only been to Virgil Ave. and buy most stuff online.
Smokin Joes.  Period.  If you haven't been there, do yourself a favor and get there soon.

As for cigar clubs, Alternative Brews on Sheridan and Dakota Grill at Sweet Home and Maple are both close.  Alternative Brews is great.  Live Blues and more varieties of beer than you can imagine (if you're into that sort of thing Wink).    http://www.alternativebrews.com/pageDisp...ageid=9534

BuffaloBill Wrote:Congrats to your friend, Magnum.  And this celebratory cigar is just the begining.  There's the stag party, the rehearsal dinner, the round of golf the morning of the wedding, etc, etc. 

Quote:I know this is off topic, but any suggestions for where to buy cigars locally? Are there any cigar clubs in our area? I've only been to Virgil Ave. and buy most stuff online.
Smokin Joes.  Period.  If you haven't been there, do yourself a favor and get there soon.

As for cigar clubs, Alternative Brews on Sheridan and Dakota Grill at Sweet Home and Maple are both close.  Alternative Brews is great.  Live Blues and more varieties of beer than you can imagine (if you're into that sort of thing Wink).    http://www.alternativebrews.com/pageDisplay.jsp?pageid=9534
Thank you.  I made my way out to Smokin' Joes and you were absolutely right.  Best prices on just about everything and huge selection.  I spent over an hour in there and I was amazed.  Stocked up for the summer.  Thanks again.
You're very welcome.  Glad I could help!