Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/30
On April 30, 2006, my mom passed after 4 weeks of fighting cancer in the hospital. In no way have I grown accustomed to life without her. I suffer from the feeling of being alone... no parents to support me right or wrong (usually wrong)... and I just plain miss her.

But a day doesn't go by where I am comforted by the memory of the wonderful gift you guys bestowed upon me to help me & support me. Hardly a day goes by where I don't appreciate it and feel thankful. So, a year later, allow me to verbalize it again, thank you all. From the bottom of my heart.
know what you mean, skipper. i keep realizing how so many of my enthusiasms and decisions are traced right back to mom. i see a red-tail hawk and try to figure out if it's a juvenile or not... mom. i get annoyed at a sports announcer's bad grammar... mom. i go swim laps at the pool... mom.

and so on.

which is pretty cool since it feels like she's still around, chirping advice every now and then in my head.

i'll throw in another thanks to the board. at least once a week i pick up one of the sticks that was sent my way and it's very comforting. weird how that works.
my .02 here is that everything that's made your parents so special lives on in you in everything you do.  it's everything that's so special about them and in turn you that attracts the affection of others.  kind of a validation of the whole cosmic chain of being and lives well lived.  

you guys both do your moms proud. 
I agree with what Rob had to say.  After going through all this with my mom, let me just say Skip that I hope your able to take some solace in the fact that she's at peace.  Also know that I think she must've done one hell of a fine job to raise such a good guy.Wink
It's all good Skip,we love ya.
Your Mom is in a better place, smiling down on her son no doubt, and missing her is the way it should be.  [angel]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
She is still there to support and guide you John ........... when you make those decisions that you have been pondering on for anything that is going on in your life, she guides your hand, when your down and feeling lonely and something happens to distract you from that feeling ...... she was there also.

She is still there in your heart and soul and memory every day, and smiling with you.

Dave.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
when I'm done with all I need to do today, I am going to pour a not-so-wee dram of my finest single malt, grab one of the incredible cigars you guys bought me last year and smpoke one out back & think of my mom trying only for happy thoughts.

There you go Skip. Wink
fishhound Wrote:There you go Skip. Wink

Yup.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why