Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some help with my humidification system
scott81425 Wrote:i live in the very dry state of colorado. i keep a humidifier fairly close to the humidor, like an actual room humidifier, but the rh outside the humidor very rarely exceeds 25 percent, it's normally below 20.
With those conditions you would go thru water quickly.
macallan2 Wrote:In the winter I find I need to fill the reservoirs on my cabinet about once a month.  It's only about once every two months otherwise.  Of course, it all depends on how often I'm opening the doors as well.  Be aware that RH in the air will affect how your humidor performs as well.  The more full is a good idea too.  I buy lots of Connies to act as ballast and smoke when they're good and aged.  Whatever bundle cigar you like should work.  Oh and what everybody's said about the feel and how they smoke is the most important thing.  Overall, don't sweat it.  Like you wouldn't be playing in your humi one way or another.Tongue
This is AWESOME advice!
scott81425 Wrote:i live in the very dry state of colorado. i keep a humidifier fairly close to the humidor, like an actual room humidifier, but the rh outside the humidor very rarely exceeds 25 percent, it's normally below 20.

There you go.  Bob (discdog) once explained this to me that the wood in the house doesn't know it's dead so it looks to absorb water from where ever possible.  You, your humidor where ever. 

Sounds like you're going about it perfectly.  The beads help to buffer and the CO provides quick replenishment of your rh when you open the door.  Like Mac said some connies for ballast and you've got the ultimate stogie setup there bro!