Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Edge
Does anyone know when RP started putting the bands on his Edge line?

This past weekend I bought a box of Missles.  I usually buy singles of these, but was able to pick up a box at the Rez for $75.  The singles I buy have always had the band on the foot.  I had heard that the band was a somewhat recent addition to fight off fakes.  I removed the celephane and opened my new box to find that none of the sticks had bands.  They taste fine, so I am not worried about fakes - but it made me wonder, how old might this box be?

I don't know when they would've started putting bands on but I know I've never bought any with bands and the last time I bought any was probably about a year ago.  Not sure if this helps or not.
They did start putting bands on The Edge last year to combat unscrupulous distributors. The new "Square Edge" does not have a band. My question is : you had cello on an Edge? Never seen one of those.
Sorry, I meant cello around the box, not the sticks themselves.

So the band on the foot is a rather recent thing?
No...no....no.
You're all wrong.

The Edge isn't a band at all! The Edge is just a nickname of a guitarist.

Dave Howell Evans (born 8 August 1961 in Barking, East London), more widely known by his moniker The Edge, is the guitarist, keyboardist, primary songwriter, and backing vocalist for the Irish rock band U2. His distinctive electric guitar timbre and percussive style of playing, along with his innovative use of digital sound processing — delay in particular — have helped define U2's unique sound.

I guess it could be a common mistake though. Wink
[doh]Very clever.[lol]
Magnum, PI Wrote:Sorry, I meant cello around the box, not the sticks themselves.

So the band on the foot is a rather recent thing?
I'll buy that. I'll see if I can find out a date they started, I know it was last year but not sure when.
I don't really see why someone would want to try to sell fake Edges, they are not that expensive of a cigar.:?
They're like $4 or $6 right?
With no sort of identification...

If you had a box of non-selling unbanded $1.50 sticks...you could pop them in the empty Edge box and sell sell sell...I could see a bunch of unscruplous store owners trying that garbage.
[user=302]st0neski[/user] wrote:
Quote:I don't really see why someone would want to try to sell fake Edges, they are not that expensive of a cigar.:?
[user=42]JoeBob[/user] wrote:
Quote:They're like $4 or $6 right?
With no sort of identification...

If you had a box of non-selling unbanded $1.50 sticks...you could pop them in the empty Edge box and sell sell sell...I could see a bunch of unscruplous store owners trying that garbage.
Isn't Rocky selling his on fake Edges? :?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles