Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
well damn..
I've had this maymester class this week (a whole semester crammed into a 2 week class mon-thur for 5 hours a day), and woke up this morning and can barely talk, I must have coughed up a 1/2 pound of mucus this morning that was layering my throat.  So now my three days to relax before going back to class will be spent eating garlic, drinking tea and trying to not do anything, damnit!

Thanks, I'm feeling better already.
Damn LC.  That sucks!  Feel better Bro.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
take one of those new cold remedies... they work. I like zycam. Tastes aweful, but man does it work.
geez.  feel better bro.
thanks guys, been eating garlic and hot sauce most of the day as well as making up tea that been pretty tried and true (osha root and rosa de castillo with a little honey)

zycam, huh, John, I'll have to look for that.  the name sounds a little scary. 

Luckily I smoked 2 cigars yesterday, which are very good for me and I know I would be feeling worse had I not had those to boost the immune system Big Grin
Honestly, if you're severely congested you should get some Guaifenesin to thin the mucus if you've got a lot of it coming up.  The garlic and hot sauce are natural ways of thinning mucus as well.  If you take some guaifenesin be sure to increase the amount of water you drink.Wink  The Zicam is a homeopathic OTC product that I sell a ton of but it sounds like you already know about the homeopathic/natural remedy route.  I'd just thin the mucus and keep the fluids up myself. 

Hope ya feel better!
Feel better fast! Big Grin

Sounds like you've got a handle on what to do. Only thing I'd say to add is "Airborne" . . . I know it's marketed as a preventative, but everytime I've started on it in the early stages of a cold, it's done the trick in about 24 hours.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Mucinex guaranteed to clear you up in 24hrs~~
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Feel better fast! Big Grin

Sounds like you've got a handle on what to do. Only thing I'd say to add is "Airborne" . . . I know it's marketed as a preventative, but everytime I've started on it in the early stages of a cold, it's done the trick in about 24 hours.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
A friend just told us about this stuff.  we keep a pretty heavy supply of Emergen-C around, which is similar, but only has the vitamins, not the other stuff, so now we have Airborne stocked as well.