Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
too hot, help!
your cigars have endured temperatures well in excess of 100 degrees while being rolled on the island of origon. Don't worry about the beatles. However, this will play havoc with mold and other issues. Watch your RH and keep it a tad lower at those higher temps. Do NOT go above 68% because that is simply too much moisture at that temp and the mushrooms can't be far behind!
Thanks Skip, I have noticed it has been a stable 64 65 for a few weeks even with the high temps.
update: I closed 2 vents downstairs and she has been a stable 71' and 65% for 2 days. 
SaL Wrote:  Well it is that time of year again, another hot vegas summer.  I just moved into a new house rescently and I haved moved my humidor and my coolidor to all different rooms upstairs and I can not get the temp below 74.  Any advice?

Seems like the cool air does not circulate quite as well upstairs but I cant put it down stairs.
Dude....heat rises.[italy][rob]
The temperature on my desk top and the tooperdor has been reaching 80F and the humidity has been on the 68-70% range. Disturbing considering this is October but that's Southern California for you. I'm waiting another 7 days until my Aristrocat M+ arrives (lock installation) and Bob Steabell recommended a 65% RH setting.

The room faces the West so I get the afternoon sun and I'm considering having the window tinted and adding a small AC unit to keep the room cooler. If I'm unable to keep the temp lower, is the heat going to to be a problem?

Riofan Wrote:The temperature on my desk top and the tooperdor has been reaching 80F and the humidity has been on the 68-70% range. Disturbing considering this is October but that's Southern California for you. I'm waiting another 7 days until my Aristrocat M+ arrives (lock installation) and Bob Steabell recommended a 65% RH setting.

The room faces the West so I get the afternoon sun and I'm considering having the window tinted and adding a small AC unit to keep the room cooler. If I'm unable to keep the temp lower, is the heat going to to be a problem?

65 in that unit is goot at 70 degrees. Around 80 degrees I would keep it a bit lower. Try 62%.
Great tip Skipper. Thanks.
I freeze EVERYTHING before it comes in my house to -19 for 4 days then fridge for 2. The bastards die and the bi otch's eggs crack.  Do you think I am paranoid? Good luck

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.