Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K.A. Kendalls 7-20-4
This is something new my friend at the rez. gifted me this corona 5 5/8" X 46 ring. This is some info I found about them from newhavanacigars...

7-20-4 Cigars

Kurt Kendall has revived an old, historic brand name, 7-20-4. Originally named for R.G. Sullivan’s original factory at 724 Elm Street, the brand lasted from 1875 through 1963 in Manchester.

A smooth, full-bodied cigar available in 5 sizes and featuring a blend from multiple countries.

Handmade in Honduras
Wrapper: Brazilian Mata Fina
Binder: Costa Rica
Filler: Nicaragua, Honduras, Mexico, Columbia

I met Kurt in Nicaragua where we were both attending a factory opening as guests of Pete Johnson. Kurt handed me a 7-20-4 cigar to smoke and I knew it would be a hit in the NHC portfolio.

My review....

Appearance: Very dark brown wrapper.Course and rough looking with small veins.Looks similar to the Conn. broadleaf maduro wrapper.

Construction: Very firm roll with no soft spots (I hope it draws well) and a pigtail cap.

Draw/Burn: Perfect draw despite the rock hard like roll. Ash color is almost white with typical characteristics.

Taste: Med. body, the smoke is complex with full flavor,wood and leather notes dominate with black pepper and a hint of cocoa. Reminds me of a spicier La Riqueza.

Conclusion: A very pleasant smoking cigar,one that I will smoke again,recommended.

[Image: 7-20-4002.jpg]
Thanks for the great review Don!  I have one of these and I must try it now.  Its been sitting for a while!
These are the cigars that I was running box splits of.  Great cigars if I do say so myself.  Kurt and Twins is right up the road, so if there is interest in box splits again, I will run some more.  If you just want some without doing a split, let me know, I get a much better deal than what is listed on the site.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I'd be down for a fiver.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Great review Don, La Riqueza is one of my go to sticks the #5...I think I must try these if they are similar.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Kurt is a class act, I forgot he had his own blend.  By the sounds of it, might be something that I would really want to have in the humi. I have not been up to Twins in many years.....probably 2003.  Last time was a GNESO Herf.
Is the 7-20-4 his wedding date?  He was very close to tying the knot when I met him.
ashman Wrote:Is the 7-20-4 his wedding date?  He was very close to tying the knot when I met him.

No it's not.  He did get married, his wife is a sweetheart.

7-20-4 was the addy of the RG Sullivan Cigar Factory in Manchester, NH.

Oh and the title should read K.A. Kendalls, not N.A. Kendalls.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
ashman Wrote:Is the 7-20-4 his wedding date?  He was very close to tying the knot when I met him.

I knew that, but for some reason we can not edit our titles.:?
Bluesman455 Wrote:
Mark Wrote:

I knew that, but for some reason we can not edit our titles.:?
Title looks good to me! Wink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles