[Image: lacorona_band-50.jpg]

La Corona Panatela
5 x 35
Wrapper/Binder/Filler: Cuba
Date: 06-29-07
Smoke Time:  45 minutes

[Image: lc1-30.jpg]
[Image: lc2-30.jpg]

Prelight:  The wrapper is a bit rough and mottled with a couple of major veins.  The cap is slightly pinched at the end.  The aroma is mostly tobacco and paper, with a sweet undertone.  After clipping, the prelight flavor is grassy with a hint of anise.

1/3:   This cigar starts mild with a slightly sweet tobacco flavor with just a hint of black papper.  The ash is medium-gray and slightly flaky.

[Image: lc3-30.jpg]

2/3:  The pepper flavor became more noticeable – not spiciness, but rather the actual flavor of black peppercorns.  There is a touch of grassiness, and the flavor at this point is what I would describe as a little bit “rough”

3/3:  The peppercorn flavors settle a bit, and the cigar continues to be rather mild overall.

[Image: lc4-30.jpg]

Overall:  It was fun experience smoking a 16 year old cigar.  It was mild overall, with a little more depth than I expected.  Fortunately, there were some evolving flavors that prevented boredom with the mildness.  A pleasant smoke.

You had me at Panetela.....and the fact that it is a 16 year aged cuban only makes it cooler.

Nice review MM
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
you've got a great review style m/m.  keep up the good work.
Great review!! 

And is that your lighter in the last pic? Looks cool.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Great review!! 

And is that your lighter in the last pic? Looks cool.
Yeah, it is...   I started out a few years ago on A.S.C. (alt.smokers.cigars), and that was a custom Zippo group buy we did a few years (?) back...  we did a second version as well, but that is still unopened...