Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone
I am writing this post from my girlfriends new iPhone

This thing is sweet
Man they look too cool, but the price and cost of service is just outrageous.
Keith Wrote:Man they look too cool, but the price and cost of service is just outrageous.
I agree, but this was a gift from her mother. It will cost her $20 more a month just for having the phone. 

I've never had a cell phone myself, talking on the phone just isn't my thing, BUT I couldn't stop playing with this thing lol, definatly the coolest electronic gadget I've ever seen. 
I hear a lot of people are having problems with the phone.
wingo Wrote:
Keith Wrote:Man they look too cool, but the price and cost of service is just outrageous.
I agree, but this was a gift from her mother. It will cost her $20 more a month just for having the phone. 

I've never had a cell phone myself, talking on the phone just isn't my thing, BUT I couldn't stop playing with this thing lol, definatly the coolest electronic gadget I've ever seen. 

I ALWAYS take all monthly bills and annualize them to put things in prospective...

$440 per year. Nope. Sorry, take it back and give me a gift certificate.

Oh, don't drop it. The gizmos inside that thing that sense the angle it's being held at are pretty sensitive.

I found this and though it was interesting. [Image: appleiphonesmall.png]

Ever wonder what the iPhone will really cost? I decided to pull my accounting suit out of the closet (man it was dusty) and give it a shot. $599 for the device is just only the beginning. I still don't believe the average American can afford this device, no matter how great the majority of bloggers believe it is. You have to factor in things like a phone plan, data plan, text messaging plan, etc.

So let's take a look at the math.
  • $640 Phone - $599 plus tax (~8%)
  • $60/mo Voice Plan - cheapest plan with unlimited nights and weekends
  • $40/mo Media Max 3000 Bundle - includes 3000 texts and unlimited MediaNet which I assume will work as the browse function on the iPhone
  • $8/mo Fees - lovely fees
So doing the math, and looking at a year of usage on this device, the total comes to (ATT rate plans):

[Image: 1936.png] 

Man that is a lot of money, I get a new phone every two years so the average cost would be $3,232 for two years or $134.66 per month thats just insane.

Over a ten year period including replacement every two years would run $16,160 what a deal. Does anyone look into this before purchasing or are people just using the basic $60 phone contract with another $8 in fees.

Wow, thats way too much for a phone and service.
This is just another apple gimick thats already having reports of early failures.
I don't know why it takes them a few trys to get anything right.  Lots of companies make batteries.  Lots of products use batteries.  All of those products don't fail after a few weeks of use when brand new to the market. (I think thats what is already failing anyway)
Tongue

and the kicker is...

Samsung, LG, Nokia and all the other manufacturers are scrambling for a competitor that will do everything the i-phone does only better, cheaper and without all the fees.

That's why I waited 2 yearsbefore I got my first VCR, a year before I got my first DVD, etc etc...
Man I paid $869 for the last DVD player I bought 2 years ago and now blue ray comes out.
Keith Wrote:Man I paid $869 for the last DVD player I bought 2 years ago and now blue ray comes out.

what is it made of gold??!!!

I paid $59 for a JVC (normally $99). I bought 4, one for my son, one for Deb's dad, 2 for me (1 is still in the box)

By the way, Wingo, after all is said and done, that is a very very cool widget.