Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fish for Bass?
Just wondering how many bass fishermen we have here.  I just upgraded most of my stuff, pics will come when it arrives, but I ended up with:

6'6" Cabelas Casting Whuppin Stick

6'6" Cabelas Spinning Whuppin Stick

Abu Garcia Revo SC Casting Reel

40 piece Gary Yamamoto Senko Kit

The Abu Garcia is going on the Casting Whuppin Stick, I'm putting my Quantum on the Spinning Whuppin Stick.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Just picked up a Shimano Calcutta 400B baitcaster with a 6'6" Ugly Stick for some saltwater fishing Smile

Got the Shimano off of e-bay for  $180 new...  never seen them sold less than $220 in stores. Smile
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Surf casting for stripers out on Plumb Island and Sailsbury State Park.
MikeD Wrote:Just picked up a Shimano Calcutta 400B baitcaster with a 6'6" Ugly Stick for some saltwater fishing Smile

Got the Shimano off of e-bay for  $180 new...  never seen them sold less than $220 in stores. Smile
Shimano makes some great baitcasters.  I was lookng at them as well, but I have had great luck with AG and the 8+1 bearings makes it a great reel for a good price.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
MikeD Wrote:Just picked up a Shimano Calcutta 400B baitcaster with a 6'6" Ugly Stick for some saltwater fishing Smile

I used to hate Shimano... Penn or nothing... Now all of my goto reels are Shimano. I have 4 of my favorite rods fitted with the takota, calcuta and one of the other newer models.

Mike, I didn't know you fished... Wanna break that things cherry? (I may be playing hookey half day one day this week, give me a call tomorrow during the day)
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:

I used to hate Shimano... Penn or nothing... Now all of my goto reels are Shimano. I have 4 of my favorite rods fitted with the takota, calcuta and one of the other newer models.

Mike, I didn't know you fished... Wanna break that things cherry? (I may be playing hookey half day one day this week, give me a call tomorrow during the day)

Sorry Skip, I am stuck at work all week.  Im off sun and mon
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
The Bassmasters Tournament is right here in Buffalo this weekend,$100,000 grand prize!!! for the winner!!Cool
We fish a lot of Bass up here.  Not as big as the ones in the south but still a hell of a lot of fun to fish.   With all the milfoil we've got up here the bass seem to just lovehanging out in that so the setups we're running now are pretty heavy duty. I too like the Abu Garcia stuff.   Hey Mark, you ever been to a Cabela's?  It's the most amazing sports store I've ever been in!  I've got two within an hour or so of me, one South and one North.  They have an outlet/clearance cave at the one south of me.  You can always find great stuff for cheap and you get the pleasure of seeing what their taxidermist's are up to.  I watched them stretch the hide of an elephant onto it's frame once.
bass

[Image: fd9db3ac.jpg]
I used tp fish alot before i got hurt....bass, stripers, trout, sturgeon...anything.