Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Bolivar Gold Medals
Well i just had the opportunity to write a review of these so I thought I'd take it...

My reviews are far from expert, but what the heck right?

Construction:  Simply awe inspiring.  From the box, to the foil, to the wrapper to the consistency, they are perfect.  Very beautiful golden brown wrapper.  Pre light draw was what you'd expect in a Lonsdale.  Burn was a little uneven, but NEVER bad.  It was fresh and a little humid, but I just couldnt help myself!

Flavors:  Obviously loads of fresh wet tobacco.  Its brand new and its a Boli right?!?!  Had some wet hay flavors and a little bit of grass and leather.  The spice was JUST right and never went too far.  It is powerful but not overbearing.  THe aftertaste was great and it never burned hot.  The spice picked up toward the end and I almost got a black licorice taste...

There you have it.  On my unofficial rating system I'd say 9 with Potential....

Mason
Sounds like a great smoke... also sounds like you shoud have shown some restraint as well Wink
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Thanks for the great review...  they sound like a winner!  Smile

Great looking smokes and very nice review.
Thanks for the review. Was the draw tight? A nine seems alittle high for such a new and "wet" cigar. From what I've experienced, the flavors are muted when the cigar is young and definitely when it's wet. Not to mention a tad bitter. Hopefully, it won't take too long for that grass flavor to go away and the cigar to round out. Good you enjoyed it, now how about the real score of 6.5Tongue
Draw was amazing!  Not wet, just more humid than i'd like.  I store at 64% and this was definitely in the 70% range.  The cigar definitely was mostly tobacco flavors, but never bitter.  I stick with my 9 rating.  Lets hear what some others think!

Mason
Ducati Wrote:Draw was amazing!  Not wet, just more humid than i'd like.  I store at 64% and this was definitely in the 70% range.  The cigar definitely was mostly tobacco flavors, but never bitter.  I stick with my 9 rating.  Lets hear what some others think!

Mason
Send me one and I'll let you know. Big Grin
I have a box of these stashed away.  Going to try and keep my hands off them for as long as possible.  I can't even being to imagine how good they could be in a couple years.
Zap, buy two box's! Smoke out of one, and keep the other in DEEEEEEP hiding! Ducati, it's good to hear that you didn't have any problems with the humidity or harshness. Amazingly, I've shown extremly good restraint not buying any of these. But, I'm not a bolivar fan which makes it easier.
fishhound Wrote:
Ducati Wrote:Draw was amazing!  Not wet, just more humid than i'd like.  I store at 64% and this was definitely in the 70% range.  The cigar definitely was mostly tobacco flavors, but never bitter.  I stick with my 9 rating.  Lets hear what some others think!

Mason
Send me one and I'll let you know. Big Grin
Ditto that!
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore