Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many ___________'s can my humidor hold?
So, I was wondering the other night... How many cigars could I fit into a humidor that is for example 10x12x6... Then I started to wonder how many Toro's could fit vs. Churchills or Rubusto's...

So I wrote an a web based application to quickly solve this problem:
http://cw0t.com/remotehumidor/humidorct.php

Anyway, since I found it helpful I thought I would share the link.

I may even expand the project in the future and do things like:
  • Allow 3+ different cigars be selected and a certain percentage for each assigned... EX: Maybe I want to know how many cigars a humidor can hold if 20% are Churchills, 30% are Toro's, and 50% are Rubusto's...
  • Offer suggestions as to how to best optimize your humidor space based off your selections... EX: Maybe you will best use your space by having them stacked 3 high by 20 from left to right and then near the top end of the humidor place Rubusto's 4 high by 3 long ways along the top space of the humidor...  Kind of hard to explain, but it would be neat if a program told you how to best optimize the space based off the number of cigars you have.
Anyway! Thats it from me... For now at least!!
Great idea! Thanks - I bookmarked your site for future reference.

[pirate2]
Teck1337 Wrote:So, I was wondering the other night... How many cigars could I fit into a humidor that is for example 10x12x6... Then I started to wonder how many Toro's could fit vs. Churchills or Rubusto's...

So I wrote an a web based application to quickly solve this problem:
http://cw0t.com/remotehumidor/humidorct.php

Anyway, since I found it helpful I thought I would share the link.

I may even expand the project in the future and do things like:
  • Allow 3+ different cigars be selected and a certain percentage for each assigned... EX: Maybe I want to know how many cigars a humidor can hold if 20% are Churchills, 30% are Toro's, and 50% are Rubusto's...

• Offer suggestions as to how to best optimize your humidor space based off your selections... EX: Maybe you will best use your space by having them stacked 3 high by 20 from left to right and then near the top end of the humidor place Rubusto's 4 high by 3 long ways along the top space of the humidor...  Kind of hard to explain, but it would be neat if a program told you how to best optimize the space based off the number of cigars you have.
Anyway! Thats it from me... For now at least!!

Wow!

Very nice!

[bravo2]

Now, if you have any knowledge of programming on the Sanguino platform, we need to talk...lol..I need some stuff done!

~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Can you write a program for an Antietam cabinet?  [cigar]
US_Tank Wrote:Can you write a program for an Antietam cabinet?  [cigar]
As if you only have one Antietam . . .
[user=1325]Hunlock[/user] wrote: 
Quote:[user=1748]

Wow!

Very nice!

[bravo2]

Now, if you have any knowledge of programming on the Sanguino platform, we need to talk...lol..I need some stuff done!
I do not Smile, this is actually the first I've heard of it... I've coded for STAMP platform though (somewhat similar in function).

US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote:Can you write a program for an Antietam cabinet?  [cigar]
To do what (Optimize its organization or something else)?

Master             We're not worthy! 

[Image: we%27re%2Bnot%2Bworthy.jpg]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I think if you really wanted to maximize storage, you would have to account for time spent getting cigars.

In other words, there is a rate at which cigars will leave the humidor as you wait for them in the mail, run to your local shop, etc etc. Sort of like a filling a bucket with a hole in it.

If it wasn't mid-term week, id set up the differential equation for it...maybe next week.
[thumbsup]
davidwys Wrote:I think if you really wanted to maximize storage, you would have to account for time spent getting cigars.

In other words, there is a rate at which cigars will leave the humidor as you wait for them in the mail, run to your local shop, etc etc. Sort of like a filling a bucket with a hole in it.

If it wasn't mid-term week, id set up the differential equation for it...maybe next week.
Thats a good idea... My Midterms are also spread out over the next 2 weeks so after they are done and over with I'm going to have to work on some DE's and get the optimization side going.

Still, I'm not sure how important the time factor would be for someone thats optimizing storage for long-term aging.. Perhaps I need multiple options.

Great idea!