Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday was the first day in 9 days I did not have a cigar...
I'm back!

What a vacation!

Hurricane Dean sure churned up the Caribbean! On Friday & Saturday they would not allow any swimming at the resort. On Sunday, they shouldn't have... I went in on Saturday but got chased out... Not before I got slammed by a few 10 foot waves. On Sunday they subsided to 8 foot. Getting hit by those waves was liked getting punched! On 1 occasion I mis-timed everything and ended up right where the wave broke. I tried to jump over it but I didn't come close and this wave flipped me over and slammed me on the ocean floor. I waited for the turbulence to clear but then realized a second wave was probably coming so I sprung up and grabbed a gulp of air before the next wave hit.

OK, back to the pool.

Anyway, lots of cigars, lots of good food, lots of exploring, lots of music at my favorite cigar bar... Perfect in every way. Oh, besides churning up the water, Dean and every other storm had no affect on Aruba. It was sunny- mid to upper 80's every day.
glad to have you back.
Welcome back Skip!  Glad you had a good time down there Smile
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Glad to have you back Skip.

Glad you had a good time.....any pics? Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I'm sure we'll be seeing some pics at some point and I'm glad you made it back safe & sound and those storms didn't get in your way.
Glad your home Skip! I know how those waves work, I surfed the no cali coast most everyday for about 15 years. Cool
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
lz6 Wrote:Glad your home Skip! I know how those waves work, I surfed the no cali coast most everyday for about 15 years. Cool
I can just see LZ walking the nose on his long board, and lighting a romeo churchhill LOL

here are some shots showing how rough it was those first few days...

[Image: 0819_013.jpg]

[Image: 0819_014.jpg]

[Image: 0819_015.jpg]

[Image: 0819_016.jpg]

[Image: 0819_017.jpg]
here is a vid I took at the resort

[Image: th_V0821_012.jpg]