Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help about Culebras
Ok, so a while ago I had a post about unique cigars.  I got a lot of responses!

Now I have a more specific question.  Who makes Culebras?

So far I have:

Davidoff Special C
Fuente Opus (which no one will ever see in real life)
Illusione 23's
Partagas ISOM Old Style
Partagas ISOM New Style
Drew Estates Medusa

I'd like to try to get 1 of each, and am looking for some knowledge here!

Thanks, Mason
I think it was the Drew Estates that Rob, Mark, & MikeD "smoked" at Rob's last herf...
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Here's a link to MikeD's review...

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=5151&forum_id=3
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
For a good culebra stick with the Cuban Partagas new release, they are cheap and best of all they are all hand rolled now. From 2000 to their discontinuance a few years ago they were machine made. They are cheap, and come in a 9cigar box, or 3 culebras.  Smile  I've smoked the Davi's, not bad either.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Oliva Series V also is made in this unique offering. However it was very very limited. I think only 500 made (I have one Tongue  Signed by Jose Oliva too Tongue Tongue )
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Oliva Series V also is made in this unique offering. However it was very very limited. I think only 500 made (I have one Tongue  Signed by Jose Oliva too Tongue Tongue )
Me too. Tongue There were only 400 made. 50 boxes of 8 culebras. From what I've heard of the madusa, stay away and save your money.
Anybody know of any other makers?

Mason
Did a google search found out that LaFlor Dominicana made a culebra, (Hey Rob! You got one of those?)

History of the culebra

The origin of the culebra cigar?
This is a 3 in 1 twisted cigar, having actually 3 cork screw-shaped cigars bound together. The physical appearance of this cigar is like no other. They can be smoked all at once or separated and smoked one at a time. This unusual cigar was an invention from the 19th century cigar factories, which kept workers from stealing cigars. Each employee was given 1 culebra cigar, usually unbinding it to smoke separately throughout the day. It became very obvious to the owners, which employee was smoking their allotment or which was smoking the profits.
A popular cigar available at DCW is the LaFlor Dominicana Culebra.

Try the search for yourself, there were quite a few companies that have made them, however I would only look at the ones that Partagas is puting out now. Or the oliva serie V if you can find one.
Yeah, I searched google but the info is always sketchy at best, and you never know what is worth a darn.  I heard LFD actually makes 2 different one.  A normal and Gorda with 2 maduro wrapped and 1 natural!!!

Mason
why would you want these attrocities to the cogar world. Don't forget why they were invented... As a cheap smoke to give to the workers. Untie them and you have a cigar horror.

ok, who wants my 12 y/o drew estates medusa? Cheap. Tongue