Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another reason(s) why i love Texas
 New Texas laws effective Sept. 1

_ELDERLY DRIVERS: Known as "Katie's Law," requires drivers 79 and older to renew licenses in person. At age 85, renewal period drops from every six years to two years. Named after 17-year-old Katie Bolka, who was killed in 2006 when an elderly driver ran a red light.

_MARIJUANA: Police will have discretion to issue citations instead of arresting those in possession of four ounces or less of marijuana. The offender must live in the county where they are stopped and must not be considered a threat to public safety.

_CHILD PREDATORS: "Jessica's Law," named after 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford, a Florida girl who was sexually abused and murdered, allows prosecutors to seek the death penalty for some repeat child sex offenders.

_CASTLE DOCTRINE: Removes the requirement that someone must try to retreat before using deadly force to defend themselves.

_DOG OWNERS: Dog owners whose pets attack and seriously injure someone could face up to 10 years in prison. If the attack is fatal, it could be up to 20 years.

yup.  more reasons to move south.
[user=70]Roger - The Bargain Hunter[/user] wrote:
Quote: _CASTLE DOCTRINE: Removes the requirement that someone must try to retreat before using deadly force to defend themselves.

Yep. Big Grin

Down here, we can shoot your ass out in the YARD. Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I think i just found my new home state,where's the best place to settle?
[user=39]Tommy2guns[/user] wrote:
Quote:I think i just found my new home state,where's the best place to settle?

For my money, San Antonio. I hope to be moving there in about a year . . . my buddy Odsman lives there and I visit often. 'Bout a million pop, good job market overall, real estate's still reasonable, lots of cool stuff to do, excellent GUN shows . . . Big Grin

Austin's great, but spendy. House prices are insane there. Houston and DFW are definite "fast lane" type places. SA gets you into the Hill Country zone for less.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
just sounds like common sense to me.

Smile
Bungalowbill Wrote:just sounds like common sense to me.

Smile
Agreed
Bungalowbill Wrote:just sounds like common sense to me.

Smile

Then it's just amazing that all states don't have the same laws, isn't it? GA just enacted the self-protection act in January. You can use deadly force to defend yourself or others against "percieved" violence, and you can use deadly force to protect property.

I love it here. Now, if we can just use force to remove our right to smoke where we want and reduce the 30% tax on tobacco, it would be about perfect. Big Grin
I miss good ol' tejas.....I used to live in Austin (was born there actually) Had some good friends who lived in Round Rock too....
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com