Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicaraguan San Cristobal
I have smoked two Clasicos now - the Robusto size.  I am really impressed with the construction on these.  Triple cap.  Much better than the construction on Pepin's Brown Label Tats - which seem to keep unraveling on me.  I would compare the construction on the two that I have had to Opus.  Not kidding.

While blended by Pepin, they don't taste anything like the Tats either.  (Not ISOM flavors at all - so if that is your usual smoke, you may not care for these.)  Full bodied - but I wouldn't say strong.   (I don't like to use levels of strength to describe cigars.)  Starts out spicy, then moves on to flavors similar to coffee and dark chocolate.

I have really enjoyed both cigars that I smoked.  I will have to try the other sizes.  $9.85 at my local B&M (including all taxes).  I have seen them for $8 each online.  If the price isn't too much for you, I would suggest giving them a try.
The few I have had, I have to say this is better than the VSG IMO.

[Image: SanCristobal.jpg]
Any recent thoughts on these cigars?  I just ordered the 5-sampler pack from Holts myself and I cannot wait to try!
The torpedo is on my "all time favorite cigars" list, period. But the other sizes have been excellent smokes as well.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:next day & I'm still dreaming about these cigars.

This is the kind of cigar that can ruin it for your other sticks. I may soon have hundreds of cigars I can't smoke!

Gosh Skip....why do you have to go and say something like that??? :X
JoeBob Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:next day & I'm still dreaming about these cigars.

This is the kind of cigar that can ruin it for your other sticks. I may soon have hundreds of cigars I can't smoke!

Gosh Skip....why do you have to go and say something like that??? :X
Cause it is true.
Twin sons, different mothers.

Thanks to Skip. I would have to say it is one of the best sticks I have smoked to date. Not that I have smoked that many, but non the less. I am looking to get another size on the lancero scale.  AWESOME smoke.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

killed a guajiro tonight. just a beautiful, dark chocolate earth profile. perfect lonsdale construction (a fairly rare thing). these things are officially in my permanent rotation now.
These cigars are quickly becomeing one of my favorites.  Sometimes I think about smoking one all day while Im at work.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I take it you can't smoke @ work. What do you do Mike?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.