Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera confiscated after claims of Pats spying on Jets
ColbyPants Wrote:
wingo Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:
wingo Wrote:The Patriots* have been doing this for a long time.  I hope they lose some draft picks.

Belicheck is slime, it's no secret.

Meh.  The only difference between the Pats and any other team in the league in this case is NE got caught.

Lets not kid ourselves here.

TomC
Homer alert.  Do you really believe that?

Anyways it doesn't matter, only one team got caught.  Maybe they should try to be a little less obvious when doing it.

If all teams are doing it, they should make an example out of the New Enlgland Patriots by taking away draft picks.
Now thats not being a homer because you want the Pats to come back to the pack a bit, *cough* Wink

Yes I really believe that.  I hear the BS line regarding the NFL all the time "If youre Not Cheating, You Are Not Trying" spoken like its a mantra.  This is the league where instead of persecuting their drug users in the press, Shawn Merriman gets lauded as a possible defensive player of the year after serving a drug susopension.  If this is the case, why wouldnt I believe everybody is doing it.  You are being NAIVE if you think the other teams arent trying this crap too.  The rule is not team employees with cameras on the FIELD.  Only problem I see here is that unlike the Jets who were probably smart enough to put their spy in the first row of the stands (and thus not privvy to the rule) the Pats got caught.

TomC

PS Its not that much of a homer alert as I really don't like football all that much (I much prefer the game the rest of the world calls football) , and if pressed really wouldnt cal myself a pats (or any other NFL team for that matter) fan.
Sorry, not buying it.  Maybe other teams have lip readers in the standsBig Grin, but I don't think any of them are stupid enough to have a guy on the sidelines pointing a video recorder at the defensive coach!

Back to the pack?  Sorry, the Colts are the best team in this league until proven otherwise.
meh.  all fans say "my team would never do that" until they are caught doing it. Wink  Like i said, I bet SD fans said that their players dont use performance enhancing drugs right up until merriman got tagged.  like i said the unofficial league motto "if you aint cheating you aint trying" gives me the impression everybody is cutting corners somehow. 

anyway I am a fan of a sport (baseball) where there is a long tradition of stealing signs, so whats the big friggin deal.  your so worried, change the signs up in the middle of a game.  Thats what catchers in baseball do.  so yeah what NE did was a bit shady. meh.  is it the federal crime that the press is making it out to be.  c'mon.

and I am not disagreeing.  Indianapolis, NE, and SD are the class of the league, and people who are not fans of those teams are always looking for ways to bring them back to the pack.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I've never said "my team would never do that".  Fact is, my team didn't get caught doing it.  If they did, I sure wouldn't complain about the repercussions.

Bill B. is still a slime ball with no class who can't dress. Big Grin
wingo Wrote:I've never said "my team would never do that".  Fact is, my team didn't get caught doing it.  If they did, I sure wouldn't complain about the repercussions.

wingo are you a colts fan? and if so doesnt hat make you a tad biased as well?  LOVE the fashion critique though, nice touch!

I dont even have a "my team" really.  I didnt even watch the second of the three superbowls the pats won.  Went to a movie iinstead.  I just dont see what the big deal about sign stealing is.  thats an infraction that can cost draft picks?  in baseball it might get ytou a sore ass in your next at bat.  Like I said baseball been doing it for like 110 years now, and the integrity of the game seems just fine. 

lol  frankly I dont like the NFL enough to continue this discussion.  I think from now on I am gonna root for the Arizona Cardinals, mostly because nobody else does.  any thoughts??
wingo Wrote:I've never said "my team would never do that".  Fact is, my team didn't get caught doing it.  If they did, I sure wouldn't complain about the repercussions.

Well said!!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Update:

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke rules by taping Jets' signals

By Chris Mortensen

Updated: September 11, 2007, 6:10 PM ET

[size=2]NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the
New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello: "No decision has been rendered, we haven't announced anything and the club hasn't been notified."

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made and that the club has not been notified.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.
[/size]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

[curse] [size=7]CHEATERS!![curse][/size]
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
ColbyPants Wrote:

wingo are you a colts fan? and if so doesnt hat make you a tad biased as well?  LOVE the fashion critique though, nice touch!

I dont even have a "my team" really.  I didnt even watch the second of the three superbowls the pats won.  Went to a movie iinstead.  I just dont see what the big deal about sign stealing is.  thats an infraction that can cost draft picks?  in baseball it might get ytou a sore ass in your next at bat.  Like I said baseball been doing it for like 110 years now, and the integrity of the game seems just fine. 

lol  frankly I dont like the NFL enough to continue this discussion.  I think from now on I am gonna root for the Arizona Cardinals, mostly because nobody else does.  any thoughts??
No, my team is the Steelers.  The patriots beat up on them a couple times in the playoffs, but that was Cohwers fault for sticking with Kordell, and not finding a real QB.

I don't hate the Patriots, I hate their head coach.  Like I said he has no class, an apparently will lie, cheat, and steal for a win.

and still has won squat without Weiss.
wingo Wrote:No, my team is the Steelers.  The patriots beat up on them a couple times in the playoffs, but that was Cohwers fault for sticking with Kordell, and not finding a real QB.

hahah cool beans, I am surrounded by Browns fans, and the Steelers give them fits!

TomC

ColbyPants Wrote:
wingo Wrote:No, my team is the Steelers.  The patriots beat up on them a couple times in the playoffs, but that was Cohwers fault for sticking with Kordell, and not finding a real QB.

hahah cool beans, I am surrounded by Browns fans, and the Steelers give them fits!

TomC
The Stains had a rough first week, that's for sure. Big Grin
wingo Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:

TomC
The Stains had a rough first week, that's for sure. Big Grin
[lol]