Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vice Chairman of the Board!!!
Hey guys, I just wanted to share a cool thing that happened to me today.  I serve on the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for one of the towns a store of ours is located in and I was asked by our current chair elect to fill his place for the upcoming year.  I'd be the youngest Vice Chair/Chair they've ever had (31 here folks).  Now, I realize all this really means is a hell of a lot more work I won't be getting paid for but it means a lot to me that they'd even consider me.  I only joined the Board a year ago because I saw a need and wanted to get involved.  So as long as membership approves I'll be a bonafide "Chairman of the Board" one day soon. 

Man I'm gettin' old!Tongue
Congrats, Mac!

I'm sure you'll do your very best
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
good deal man! (and mikey is older!)
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Hey thats great news!!!! Congrats!!!

Mason
CONGRATS!!!!! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
That's awesome news man, congrats for the young guns. What kind/type of store do you work for/at?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Congrats it's nice to get feedback from your peers and a nomination for the vice chair says volumes.
tafdom Wrote:That's awesome news man, congrats for the young guns. What kind/type of store do you work for/at?
I manage retail pharmacies.
Alright, I give them more that I want every month to the tune of about $1200. National, regional or local.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Great to hear Mac!Good luck!